Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Scale Justification

Hello

I need to display a value of an indicator on the left scale. The price displays on the right scale. Let's say I plot the ZigZag indicator. if it is plotted on the same scale as the price it's all good. When I switch the indicator to the left scale, to avoid clutter, it plots way off. Looks like it is some issue with scaling.

I will appreciate any help. Thanks.

NT 7.0.1000.8
    JB

Hello JB,

Thank you for your post.

Would you be able to post or email us a screenshot so we can see the issue? Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com

Thank you!
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RJ.

The screenshots are attached. I used the SMA 30 as example, but I have this problem with reference lines, zigzag, or any indicator. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for your help.

JB
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaba1n View Post
        Hi RJ.

The screenshots are attached. I used the SMA 30 as example, but I have this problem with reference lines, zigzag, or any indicator. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for your help.

JB
        Such unpredictable results are only to be expected. The right and left scales are independent. That is the whole point: to be able to show otherwise related data on independently scaled axes.

As the moving average is closely related to the price, and being used to determine the price deviation, you probably want them scaled to the the same axis.

Comment

Let me ask another question then. Is there a way to set both the left and the right scale to the price range?

Comment

Let me ask another question then. Is there a way to set both the left and the right scale to the price range?
            It is rather pointless, IMHO, but you could always use fixed scaling on each axis, and I presume you could put them to the same scale.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              It is rather pointless, IMHO, but you could always use fixed scaling on each axis, and I presume you could put them to the same scale.
              What do you mean by "It's rather pointless"? Using fixed scaling, or my question?

Could somebody from NT team answer my questions please? Thanks a lot.

Regards
              JB

Comment

What do you mean by "It's rather pointless"? Using fixed scaling, or my question?
                JB
                The whole idea of having any series and its average being measured on different scales, and then going to all the trouble of trying to synchronize scales for values that are so closely related in values anyway that they logically should be on the same scale.

But I get your point about NT support. Feel free to ignore me; I shall do the same. Sorry to dare to comment on your matters. I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                  The whole idea of having any series and its average being measured on different scales, and then going to all the trouble of trying to synchronize scales for values that are so closely related in values anyway that they logically should be on the same scale.

But I get your point about NT support. Feel free to ignore me; I shall do the same. Sorry to dare to comment on your matters. I apologize.
                  @koganam - I do appreciate your feedback. There's no need to get so emotional about it. The reason why I asked somebody from NT team to comment on my issue, was just a matter of a business protocol, RFC. I meant no offense to you.

The reason I created the thread was to resolve a problem. I need to place some indicators on the left scale. They are related to the price. The reason I want to use the left scale is because the right scale became overcrowded. All I need to know is whether there is a way to keep the left scale syncronised with the right scale, or have both scales associated with the price.

I could probably add a copy of the contract I'm trading, make it invisible, and associate it with the left scale. I just thought there might be a simpler way of doing it. If there's no such feature, then I believe it is a good idea to request it.

Best regards
                  JB

Comment

Hello,

When you say this:

I could probably add a copy of the contract I'm trading, make it invisible, and associate it with the left scale.

This would be the best and most reliable way to do this that I can think of.

-Brett

Comment

@koganam - I do appreciate your feedback. There's no need to get so emotional about it. The reason why I asked somebody from NT team to comment on my issue, was just a matter of a business protocol, RFC. I meant no offense to you.
                      In which case, allow me to apologize again. That is the problem with written communication: sometimes it is too easy to misread another's real intent, as there is nothing else to help convey meaning.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Handclap0241  
                      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Barry Milan