Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading - Accounts not showing up

Hi,

I have bought the single broker version of Ninjatrader for MB Trading.

I currently have three accounts at mb trading under the same username (forex, equity, demo). After connecting to MB trading only the equity account has any cash value associated with it in the control center. For the two other accounts all columns in the accounts tab are empty. I have tried with both the recommended version of MB Navigator as well the latest version and the result is the same.

Any help on that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Guido

Hello Guido,

Could it be you traded the equity account, but you did not trade the forex or demo account? If so, please submit an order to the demo account and check if you see 'Cash value' and 'Realized PnL' once the order fills. Unfortunately you will only see 'Cash value' and 'Realized PnL' with MBTrading. Please see the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tested this now and after I make a trade in ninja trader the account balance does indeed show up for that account. However when I restart ninja trader it is gone again. However one of the accounts (the forex account most of the time but it does seem to be somewhat random) is always getting filled in.

Comment

Hello,

To force the cash balance to update you would need to place a trade and you would lose the value if you restarted NinjaTrader.

Sometimes we will get a cash balance update on connect. Can have to do with any open trades or positions you may have open and could not be narrowed down to just one thing.

However the general biases is if there is no value placing a trade will force the value to update.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

To force the cash balance to update you would need to place a trade and you would lose the value if you restarted NinjaTrader.

Sometimes we will get a cash balance update on connect. Can have to do with any open trades or positions you may have open and could not be narrowed down to just one thing.

However the general biases is if there is no value placing a trade will force the value to update.

-Brett
          Yes. That seems to be the case. Annoying but no big deal as long as those accounts can still be traded.

Another issue I noticed today is that I don't seem to get any backfill on historical data for the current day from mb trading. All previous days seem to fill in fine. Is this just a temporary glitch or a known issue?

Thanks,
          Guido

Comment

Hello Guido,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

When attempting to load the historical data, does an error message appear? If so, what does that error report?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello Guido,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

When attempting to load the historical data, does an error message appear? If so, what does that error report?

No error message. The behavior is that the historical data for the previous day (and the days before) is correctly filled in but then the next day just starts at the current time without any backfill for that day.

An additional data point is that I'm normally using kinetick as my provider (which is probably where the historical data comes from). I have turned it off to be able to trade with the mb trading data feed.

Comment

Hello Guido,

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' and check if the missing data is loaded.

Please check what session template is selected in the chart as well. The session template selected in the Data Series menu determines at what times the chart will receive/load data. If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the session template that is configured for the instrument in the Instrument Manager.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You will now see what session template the instrument by default uses.

You can view the times of each session template in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools). More information regarding the Session Manager can be found at the link below.

If the issue remains, you could connect to Kinetick to load all historical data. Subsequently disconnect Kinetick and connect to MBTrading.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  Hello,

-Brett
                  Yea, this has been happening to me with MBT for forex for years. Automated strategies will not begin firing either until a balance is showing it appears. So, is there anyway to fix this to have the balance automatically show up upon connecting to the MBT trading server. It is pretty annoying because I usually have to place a trade to make the balances show so the automated strategies will start firing. PLEASE! Big smile!!!

On a live account it is a problem and on a sim 101 or the MBT demo account it is just extremely annoying.

I will help all I can but can we resolve this?

Let me know what I can do...I have had past threads on this issue but it never gets fixed...

Greg

Comment

Hello Greg,

Can you please send me your log and trace file for the most recent day when your automated strategies did not submit orders. Please include at what time the order should have been submitted.

I am not aware of the issue that if no account balance is reported, no orders are submitted by automated strategies.

You can send the files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, MB Trading - Accounts not showing up' in the subject header.

What was the outcome of the other threads? Could you please provide me the links of these threads.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes