Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 minute chart incorrectly loading

Hello,
    I have been having problems with correct loading of minute charts (ranges, seconds, volumes etc. are OK). I am unable to load correctly a 30 minute chart when launching NT7 (ICQFeed), it has some days missing (in a range of 5 days for example). I need to update the chart several time using various "actions", like changing the timeframe, changing the number of days, changing the session template etc.
    Today, nothing seems to be working. The 30 minute chart was there OK yesterday night (EU time), today, the data for Friday (01/13) disappeared and do not want to load at all (range bar chart loaded correctly, including Friday data).
    Anyone knowing what could cause the problem? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please answer the following questions so I may further assist:
    • What version of NinjaTrader do you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About.
    • Are you showing as connected in the lower left hand corner of the Control Center?
    • Are you receiving data within the Orders tab of the Control Center?
    • Are there any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center?
    • When you right mouse click within your chart are you able to Reload historical data or is the option grayed out?

Also please attach a screen shot of your chart so I may attempt to replicate on my end.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,

Thanks for your reply. My answers are below in capital lettes: [*]What version of NinjaTrader do you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About. I USE NINJATRADER VERSION 7.0.1000.6[*]Are you showing as connected in the lower left hand corner of the Control Center? YES[*]Are you receiving data within the Orders tab of the Control Center? YES[*]Are there any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center? NO, JUST AN ORANGE LINE SAYING SESSION BREAK (VERSION 7.0.1000.6)[*]When you right mouse click within your chart are you able to Reload historical data or is the option grayed out? NO[/LIST]
      Also please attach a screen shot of your chart so I may attempt to replicate on my end. ATTACHED - LEFT IS A 30-MINUTE CHART WITH MISSING DATA FROM JANUARY 16, RIGHT IS THE SAME CHART BUT BASED ON SECONDS WITH THOSE DATA.

Thanks a lot and regards,
      Hana
      Attached Files

Comment

Please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 with the steps I have provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT 7.0.1000.8 from the link below:
          Download

Next set both chart Session Templates to Default 24/7 and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

workspace deletion simple

Whats the easier way to delete a number of workspace,do i have to select them and then close them and then delete them?

Comment

Yes please close the Workspace then delete the Workspace from within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello Christopher,

the same issues repeats again. I downloaded the last version you recommended, the charts worked for a few weeks, now all charts based on minutes load incorrectly again.
              Also could you please explain what is needed for loading data to static or dynamic superDOM? I have sim account, no data is seen in DOMs even if I choose the instrument from the drop down list, nothing can be seen.
              Thanks.

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris J" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) Your most current trace and log files.
                3.) The instrument you have selected within the SuperDOM

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Hello,

I have heard stories about your technical support...
                  I have sent the requested e-mail with all information about a month ago and still no answer.
                  In the meantime, I have another problem - even the simplest created strategy (close is higher than open, draw a triangle up) does not work. No problem reported in the log...
                  Could anyone from NT support please respond? Thank you.

Comment

You should have received a response within 15 Minutes after sending your email to our support team during business hours.

Are you still experiencing an issue with charts and the SuperDOM?

As far as your strategy please confirm it has been enabled within the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Chris,
                      I have not. It was just a standard message saying that my e-mail will be processed and then nothing.
                      Nothing works, the strategy was indeed enabled. I will resend the e-mail.
                      Thanks,
                      Hana

Comment

Be sure when sending the email to include Attn: Chris J and a link to this thread.

Comment

Hello Chris,

It was my mistake. Gmail sometimes orders e-mails in a funny way and I did not see the reply.
                          I do not subscribe to Level II so that is the DOM problem solved.
                          Otherwise, I will try to clear cache folder and then I will try the steps for solving problems with strategy making.
                          Thanks for now.
                          Hana

Comment

Hello Chris,

Can I have just a quick question? Does free NT allow strategy building (using the provided wizard)?
                            Thanks and regards,
                            Hana

Comment

Hello,

Not sure I understand the exact question but yes we do have a strategy builder that allows you to build strategies.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kaywai
                              by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
                              6 responses