Modifying T&S to bundle ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying T&S to bundle ticks

In October 2009 CME unbundled ticks. For example, if someone buys 100 contracts at market from people who had a limit order sizes of 25,3,2,10,10,1,1,1,3,25,10,5,5 (sums to 100), the T&S window prints 25,3,2... instead of just 100. 25,3,2... can't be read and sometimes the T&S can be flushed with just one big order.

Can NT give us the option unbundle these ticks in the T&S window? The solution is to simply see which trade occurred in the same small unit of time (e.g same centisecond), and assume that was one trade, and print that as one trade.

And is it possible to create an object similar to onMarketData that bundles ticks and allows us to use it in ninjascript.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion shared, I will let product management know. You could access the needed Level 1 data via OnMarketData() correct, so you could code up logic as you desire to bundle ticks seen.

There's also an NT addon available targeted for that very task -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand. I don't want to rush NT, but will this be implemented any time soon, or am I better off coding this myself? If myself, how do I access T&S's code, or create a new one?

Comment

This will be on our suggestion list for future consideration, but unfortunately I could not provide you with an ETA or commitment at this time. Have you checked the partner addon out? It sounds to me like this is what you would seek here. You can't really access the Time and Sales Window, but OnMarketData() gives you the Level 1 stream to work with in NinjaScript.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes