Range Bars works in strange way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bars works in strange way

For weeks I have watched a different behavior in Range Bars.
    1. You can change from Chart panel to diferent T.Frames but to change to Range Bars must go to Data Series panel.(I do not remember from when)
    2. Range Bars chart erase or don't display historical data/bars
    3. Indicators that work with any T.Frame (1,5,10 minutes), they stop with rangebars (I am investigating this thing)

Points 1 and two are easy to play, open a chart and you can check it.

Are there any known issue about this?

Hi Ramon, which broker / dataprovider are you using here? Are you on our latest NT7 R8 release that contained fixes to the Range bar types?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Data Feed: At this moment Interactive Brokers. The behavior is the same with market replay, simulated data feed, even CQG (demo for a few days)
      NT 64 bits7.0.1000.8
      S.O., Windows 7 (64 bits)

Comment

Thanks, the historical range bar data backfill behavior would be expected for IB and the simulated feed, reason being that those don't offer historical tick data for download that Range bars would need as source data. Do you have 'Store realtime bar data' under Tools > Options > Data checked in your NT?

For the indicators question - do you see any error messages for them in the log tab if you run on Range charts? This would be the right most tab in your Control Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertrand
          . Do you have 'Store realtime bar data' under Tools > Options > Data checked in your NT?
          I'm not sure. Do you mean Tools > Options > Data - Save Chart Data as Historical?
          if so, the answer is NO

Originally posted by Bertrand
          ?

For the indicators question - do you see any error messages for them in the log tab if you run on Range charts? This would be the right most tab in your Control Center.
          No. One Indicator paint bars instead text, another do nothing.
          I am trying to get time for debugging indicators then i post more information

Comment

Sorry Ramon, yes I meant that setting. In this case, please activate it if you're not working with a connection that could provide a backfill of historical tick data, such as IB.

Comment

someone very kind suggested me uninstall R8, download and reinstall later but it remains the same
              I have a Print() into OnMarketData and works in any TF but doesn't with range bars
              It seems very strange that no one else complains. It should be something that only happens to me

Comment

Hi Ramon,

OnMarketData() should be called for all real time bid/ask/last updates, regardless of the chart interval. We are not aware of issues where this is not working as designed. It may be best to work over remote assistance, so we can collect all details about your configuration and try to reproduce this here. Please send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and include a link to this thread to arrange this.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes