Data Issue Last.ntd because it is used by another process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ag987654321,

The only times we've been able to identify this it has been an external program like spybot, AVG, etc. We would be interested in finding a reproducible case where these types of programs are not running and you get this message. Your trace file will also be helpful. Best is if you can send your latest one to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com.

You will find the file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    The file would be named 'trace.20120301.txt'.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Additional Info

I seem to have eliminated my conflicts by doing two things. The first and most obvious is was to change my anti-virus so that the desired folders would not be checked. Secondly, I use Carbonite for online backups. I built in periods from 6:00am until 5:00pm each weekday where Carbonite is automatically paused. That seems to have fixed my problem. I just got some errors on startup today, forgetting it is the weekend and my Carbonite is not paused. I just manually paused it and re-started Ninja without problem.

I'm not sure why this is happenning as I have used Carbonite for almost 2 years without any problems. I re-installed Windows 7 recently (and also Carbonite) and since then I have had the conflicts on start up. I hope this is of help to some of you.

Comment

I have found I have this issue in NT8 when running the 32bit version (It does not happen with 64bit version, but I have other issues there). If I switch off AVG for 10 minutes while I start NT8, that seems to be a work around. I am reluctant to add the NT8 folder as an exception to AVG, as that will mean that folder is never scanned.
        Last edited by GeorgeW; 02-16-2017, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post dustydbayer  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes