Sim account in Control Center, Live account in Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim account in Control Center, Live account in Chart

Hi, I have a strategy that issues many entries/exits, and I want to pick and choose from those entries instead of turning the thing loose as an auto-trading system on a live account.

Is it possible to set up the ATM strategy on the Control Panel as a simulated system working against the SIM101 account, and have a chart with hot keys linked to the live account? I can type fast enough to keep up with most of the trades, and I don't need to see the buy and sell signals from the simulated ATM strategy on the charts. It looks like this is possible because there's an Account field in the Hot Keys section, but I just wanted to verify this before going live with NT.

Hello egan857,

Unfortunately this is not supported. All orders generated by an automated strategy will be submitted.

I am not sure if I follow the explanation in the second paragraph. You cannot setup an ATM strategy in the Control Panel - only in order entry windows such as SuperDOM, ChartTrader, FX Pro and Basic Entry window. I am not sure what account field in the Hot Keys section you refer either, could you perhaps create a screenshot?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I probably used the wrong terminology. I have a NinjaScript strategy that I'm currently running from the Control Center (from Strategies tab, right-click, New Strategy, etc.). That might not be an ATM strategy. It's a strategy that has EnterLong() and EnterShort() commands, plus SetStopLoss() commands to modify the trailing stop.

Right now, when this strategy is running and a stock qualifies, it shows up in the Control Center Positions tab, and in the SuperDOM it appears with the correct entry and stop losses set. The strategy is running against account Sim101.

The question is, when I activate NinjaTrader, will I be able to have all of this happen, with the strategy filling positions in the Sim101 account, and also have a chart with Hot Keys that will place orders on my Interactive Brokers account?

I don't need the chart to display the activity from account Sim101. I can watch that from the Control Center.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately this is not supported. If you like the automated strategy to submit orders to your IB account, you would need to run the automated strategy on your IB account.

All orders generated by the strategy will be submitted to your IB account. It is not supported to pick the orders that will go through - they will all be submitted.

Comment

Hi Jason,

There may still be a misunderstanding here. I don't want to automatically place orders to Interactive Brokers, I just want to place the orders manually using Hot Keys from the chart. When I see that a stock has qualified for an entry on the simulated account, I'll pull up that stock's chart, then press the Buy Market button.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying once more.

This is possible. Please open up a chart and enable ChartTrader. Subsequently select your IB account. You can now submit orders manually.

Comment

Cool. I thought it would be possible, but needed to check before buying NT. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH