Current price < Previous bar's low = exit position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebelle View Post
    Yes it was generated from a backtest. Can't go live yet.

I see, so it was impossible for the trade to exit exactly when the "current" price is lower than the previous bar's low- in a backtest. Sorry for not knowing about the part that backtesting only knows the OHLCV of each bar. Which is why it never worked the way I was expecting it to. If I went live then, would it surely exit the moment it passes the the previous bar's low? Like where I pointed it out on the picture? And if I do use this strategy, will it really be too heavy for the computer? Cause it's necessary for me to set CalculateOnBarClose to false right...
    Easy to test live by simulation. First use the simulated datafeed. where you can actual control the apparent trendiness of the market in order to force favorable test conditions; then with Market Replay, which by using actual market data comes a smidgen closer to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Easy to test live by simulation. First use the simulated datafeed. where you can actual control the apparent trendiness of the market in order to force favorable test conditions; then with Market Replay, which by using actual market data comes a smidgen closer to reality.
      Thank you! I 'll try that immediately. Sorry I took long to reply. I didn't know there was another post.

Can you tell me if setting the CalculateOnBarClose to false will really be intensive for my CPU? Apparently I really have to set it to false. I hope it it's not too heavy for my PC. I guess I'll get a good idea from simulated trading. If it's really that intensive, is there a way to get the "price"of the previous bar's low so I could just set a stop loss at that price?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm doing my best to build my strategy on ways that I know as much as possible, but there really are a lot of things that I still have to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebelle View Post
        Thank you! I 'll try that immediately. Sorry I took long to reply. I didn't know there was another post.

Can you tell me if setting the CalculateOnBarClose to false will really be intensive for my CPU? Apparently I really have to set it to false. I hope it it's not too heavy for my PC. I guess I'll get a good idea from simulated trading. If it's really that intensive, is there a way to get the "price"of the previous bar's low so I could just set a stop loss at that price?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm doing my best to build my strategy on ways that I know as much as possible, but there really are a lot of things that I still have to learn.
        How the extra load "COBC = false" places on your computer affects things just depends on how much is also running on your computer and how much oomph the computer has.

The lowest price of the previous bar is simply Low[1], and is historical, so the COBC value has no effect on it.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          How the extra load "COBC = false" places on your computer affects things just depends on how much is also running on your computer and how much oomph the computer has.

The lowest price of the previous bar is simply Low[1], and is historical, so the COBC value has no effect on it.
          I see. It should be fine then. Thank you so much koganam

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes