Disable Partial Fills in Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Partial Fills in Simulator

I'm using the simulator in NT7 and I'd like to disable all partial fills. I just want it to execute the full order on any buy or sell. How do I set it to do this?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the post. Unfortunately it is not possible to disable partial fills. We appreciate the suggestion and this request has been assigned tracking id # 1120 in our feedback list.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem with it is that in the Account Performance report, it's not really reflecting an accurate number for the total trades, wins, losses, win %, etc. I can't use it to truly track my performance. Is there any other way to circumvent this problem?

Comment

Sorry, I'm not sure. What particular problem are you having with it and how do you feel no partial fills would help resolve this?

Comment

When I look at the Account Performance Summary tab, it shows a lot more trades than I actually took. For example, it shows I took 42 trades today. This is inaccurate, as I only took 23. I'm not exactly sure how it's coming up with that number, but I'm guessing that it is related to the partial fills along the way.

Comment

I see what you mean. The only current work around to this is if you used ATM strategies. You could then check the box "Group Trades By ATM Strategies", and then all executions belonging to the same atm strategy would be grouped together as one trade.

I'm sorry this is not currently available in the platform, but thank you for sharing more how it could help you view trade performance. You're right that no partial fills would help this, as the trade pairing will be based on these individual executions. This is a feature of the simulator since it will look at available bid/ask volume and intelligently simulate how you may get filled if it were live.

Comment

Ok, no problem. Thank you for the clarification!

Comment

Hi,

I also would like the feature where I could disable the partial fills in the simulator. I would like the option to set the simulator so that it will just give me a complete fill regardless of what the liquidity looked like at the time.

Thanks

Comment

rlim00,

Thanks for your vote on this feature request. I will be sure to mention it to our product development team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes