Help keep getting error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help keep getting error message

I am new to ninja trader and I started getting this error message on any indicator or strategy I try to do. Can anyone help.
    Attached Files

Welcome to our forums and NT Sean. You likely introduced an incorrect bracing with your code modification and now it could not be compiled anymore, please doubleclick on the error messages as the editor would then take you to the offending sections. You also delete the errorneous script if there were not that important to you and you would like to reach a compilable state as quickly as possible.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand

Is there any way you could explain the problem I had here?

It seems that as I created my own indicators and manually altered the code that it affected all other codes from compiling. Is this correct that if I alter the code on one indicator that it affects other indicators from compiling correctly? I am very new to this and have mainly used EasyLanguage to write code.

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Originally posted by seandunn19 View Post
        Is there any way you could explain the problem I had here?

It seems that as I created my own indicators and manually altered the code that it affected all other codes from compiling. Is this correct that if I alter the code on one indicator that it affects other indicators from compiling correctly? I am very new to this and have mainly used EasyLanguage to write code.

Thanks a lot!!
        Sure, you're exactly correct in understanding and yes this is different from EasyLanguage - for performance reasons we compile all scripts into one assembly and therefore they all have to be error free to be in what we call 'compilable state' - for the future if you don't want to correct a certain script but would like to keep it, just comment out sections of the script you're working on, thus the compiler would ignore these and you would still be able to compile.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
        1 response
        0 likes