Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3 ... Dom Scale In Feature

I upgraded to NT5 V3.

Nice to see you guys continuing to improve and resolve issues.

Question... According to the Release Notes there is a Scale In feature on the Dom.

"Added: SuperDOM and Basic Entry windows have a "Scale quantity" property that over rides the "Order qty" field when in an active strategy. This allows for entering a strategy with a preset contract amount and scaling in/out using a different contract value."

I attempted to find this feature using sim mode while connected to IB.. also tried it via the Sim Data Feed. I could not find any new Scale In feature.

Or... is this purely an internal programing feature that allows us to place an order of a specified amount via a Limit or SLM order?

Could you please explain how this works... NT4 had actuall Scale In Buttons. Is this done differently on NT5 V3?

Thanks

imported post

Scaling In or Out of an Active Strategy

When you have an active strategy selected in the strategy control list (see Submit Standard Order step 3 above) orders submitted scale into or out of the strategy. Once filled or partially filled, existing stop loss and profit target orders are modified to reflect the new position strategy size. You can preset a default scale in or out quantity via the "Scale quantity" property accessible via the SuperDOMpropertieswindow. As an example, your initial strategy may call for opening a position of four contracts but you want subsequent scale orders to be only one contract. If the SuperDOM "Scale quantity" property is set to a value of one, when an active strategy is selected in the strategy control list, the SuperDOM "Order qty" field will be set to a value of one automatically.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Excellent! I understand. Thanks for the instructions. One more question. Let's say I have a strategy with 3 profit targets and I decide to scale in.Currently, it applies the contract(s) to the first (closest) target. On NT4, you could tell it to apply the scale in to the furthest target.

I assume that by unchecking the "Modify inner bracket" AND unchecking the "Modify nearest bracket" options under the Strategies Tab, that this will inable it to apply the scale in to the furthest bracket?

Is this correct?

Thanks again

Comment

imported post

Correct.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response