Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Data not auto updating with Live connected feed

Hi guys,

I am hoping you guys can help me and point me in the right direction. I am currently using the Free version of Ninja Trader, and I have purchased a Live Kinect Feed (and have connected to it successfully with the provided login).

When loading charts say like AUDUSD the current price/bar never updates it remains static, until I right click the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data" from the context menu. Is there any setting I should be setting in my data series configuration that would make the chart auto live update, rather than me having to manually reload it each time? It is slow and painful.

I know the feed is live because every time I force a reload the prices update.

dmalopsy, welcome to our forums - are you seeing any error messages about delayed data in your NT log tab as this happens?

The basic service would include historical data for all instruments, but not FX spot live data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For now I only have a NYSE Non-Pro Exchange Feed, just to test it out. I tried looking up some random Stocks like AAPL and they are not being updated in real time. However when I load a chart for 'ES 03-12' the current bar updates automatically with the current price (I assume with delayed data).

Also I had a look at the logs and I see the message 'Market data is delayed since your account does not have real time subscription for the exchange this market trades on' for both AAPL and 'ES 03-12', but it is strange that AAPL chart remains static, but the chart for 'ES 03-12' updates, albeit with delayed data.

Comment

Thanks for the info - what session templates would you use for your charts here? Those would determine what intraday data range is displayed and updated. AAPL and ES should be both delayed here but updating as far as I can tell - are you using any other feed / broker connection in the mix?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes