Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions in Account Performance Incorrect

Hi

I just reinstalled NT7 and just started trading again this week. In the Account Performance section the first 2 days I traded the commissions registered correctly. But yesterday the commissions on some trades were correct for CL, but others weren't. Not sure what caused this. I didn't change anything. I just did a few trades. Here's a print screen. Notice CL for the first 2 roundtrips is $3.78, which is incorrect and the last 2 roundtrips are at $5.04, which is correct. Not sure what's up. Thanks.

P.S. Don't be thrown off by the dates on the image. I had changed that before I did the print screen but hadn't hit generate to bring today's trades up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bce111; 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM.

Here's the commission set up in the Instrument Manager.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Do you have anything defined under Tools--> Options--> Commissions tab?

Do these results change if you check 'Group Trades by ATM Strategy' and re-generate the report?
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi The answer to both of those questions is "No". Not sure why 2 were correct and the others weren't when I didn't change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
          Hi The answer to both of those questions is "No". Not sure why 2 were correct and the others weren't when I didn't change anything.
          Here's one thing I think could be involved. The first trade was to buy one contract @100.11 and then I bought one more @99.99. And then I sold both @100.08. I think somehow it only counted the exit as one trade instead of 2 separate contracts traded and only charged me one commission or something like that. Why would it do that and what can I do to keep it from doing that? Thanks.

Comment

Here's one thing I think could be involved. The first trade was to buy one contract @100.11 and then I bought one more @99.99. And then I sold both @100.08. I think somehow it only counted the exit as one trade instead of 2 separate contracts traded and only charged me one commission or something like that. Why would it do that and what can I do to keep it from doing that? Thanks.
            Now that I did the math that is what it is. If you divide $2.52 by 2 you get $1.26. And if you add that to $2.52 you get $3.78 which is how it registered the commission.

ADD: That is it. See the attachment. It should be per contract, not per trade.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bce111; 01-27-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

This isn't a solution I figured out. I just saw what it incorrectly did. I'd like to know how to correct this. Thanks.

Comment

If you're trading more than one contract and you need the commission to reflect this, you will need to setup a commission level as 2.52 per 1 unit. The minimum commission will set a flat rate regardless of the number of contracts you are trading.

Please see our Help Guide article on How to add a tiered commission rate for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ission_tab.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  If you're trading more than one contract and you need the commission to reflect this, you will need to setup a commission level as 2.52 per 1 unit. The minimum commission will set a flat rate regardless of the number of contracts you are trading.

Please see our Help Guide article on How to add a tiered commission rate for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ission_tab.htm
                  Yeah, but how do I do that as I trade different contracts with different commission rates?

Comment

Is this it?
                    Attached Files

Comment

From the instrument editor for that contract you had setup previously, please click on the "Misc" tab and clear out the 'Minimum commission' and setup the 'Commission levels' instead. The instructions on the help guide will be the same for the individual contract.

You will want to use Commission: 2.52 Units: 1

Comment

Is this it?
                        If that was brought up from Tools--> Instrument Manager, that should be working.

Please note that applying these settings will not correct your previously executed trades, but it should correct this moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                          If that was brought up from Tools--> Instrument Manager, that should be working.

Please note that applying these settings will not correct your previously executed trades, but it should correct this moving forward.
                          Thanks, Matthew. So the minimum commission is set to "0"? Is that right?
                          Last edited by bce111; 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Like this? I'll have to do that with all the contracts.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yep - you'd leave the minimum at 0 and you'd need to repeat this for all instruments that have a different commission rate.

If you have a general commission rate for futures, this can be configured under Tools--> Options--> Commission tab.

You only need to setup the commission per instrument if the commission is different for that particular instrument.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Spiderbird  
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes