Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC - not getting gold intraday historical data and real time data

Hi,

I had this problem long before and now that I haven't been trading gold for a while it seems that I'm in the same condition as before that prevented me from obtraining real-time historical tick/vol prices on the charts. I forgot how it was resolved the first time. And as before, I do get real time gc-02-12 DOM and T/S data, but it seems that no real time data is fed into my minute tick or vol charts. I don't know why this is such an issue everytime.

settings - exchange is globex
    Trading Tech. symbol mapping is GC|10

please, tell me what I'm not doing correctly of help me fix it.
    thanks

Hello Spartacus,

Thanks for your post.

Please open the Options menu by clicking Tools > Options. In that menu, navigate to the Data tab.

Which Merge Policy is in place?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

It is Mergebackadjusted.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Spartacus.

Please flip that setting over to 'DoNotMerge', then click OK. After making the change, please reload your chart.

Comment

Kyle,

It seems better - I get intraday data up to the end of the previous day, however, not for the current day other than the real time data that comes in after the creating the chart.

I also get an error message saying that GC 02-12 is an invalid instrument.

see attached file.

the exchange, globex, is correct I assume.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Spartacus,

Could you please load the instrument within a SuperDOM or in the Orders tab of the Control Center - does data appear to stream?

Comment

Yes Kyle,

The data streams realtime in all 3: the control center, the DOM and the T/S window (if that's what your asking) immediately after connecting to the data provider. But the charts give me that mentioned problem: they don't show today's historical intraday data. The chart is only provided data from the point immediately after connecting to the data service (TT) and then going forward, nothing before that time.

I just brought gold up now and you can see on my 30 minand 1250 vol charts there's no intraday data for the current day today. all other symbols are fine, it's just that gold always gave me this problem. You solved this for me 2 years ago and forgot what you did to fix it. sorry about that.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Please change the symbol map for Trading technologies to GC|10|CME and make sure the exchange is set to nymex.

Let me know if that does the trick if it does not then please reset your instrument list.

You can reset the instrument manager following the instructions below.

Disconnect from your connection by going to Control Center->File->Disconnect->(Your Active Connection).

Then in the Control Center->Tools->Options->Data Tab.

You will see the reset instruments button in that tab. Click on that and then restart NinjaTrader after it has finished resetting the instrument manager.

Once you restart NinjaTrader go back to the Instrument manager found in the Control Panel->Tools->Instrument Manager, and re add the GC to the default list by using the left arrow button.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I changed the symbol mapping per request and I still get streaming data in the control panel, t/s, and dom, and don't get the error message about invalid symbol whenever I create a chart, however, this time the chart hangs indefinitely with "Loading Data..." illustrated in the top corner.

I will do "Reset Instrument" after the Crude Oil market closes because I'm trading the pit session right now, and will let you know what the result is. Up till now, thank you for your help, sorry for the inconvenience and will respond later in the day.

Comment

No problem and sounds good.

Looks like we will need to reset them instruments unfortunately.

-Brett

Comment

Brett,

The reset instruments redefined my "use instrument settings" from defining my charts for all symbols I trade from pit sessions hours to 24/7 where start session is 5:15pm to 5:15PM - could this be fixed or changed back.

2. it seems that immediately after a reboot, GC data comes in and populates the charts and provides intraday data real time as well. However, whenever I create another chart or I do a "reload historical data" the charts hang there indefinitely with "Loading data...". and I still get that error message from the system. see atttached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The instrument session templates are no longer a problem, as you probably already know, I went back into the instrument manager and had reset all of the defaults to pit session hours. So, doing reset instruments had very little effect, thankfully.

Comment

Hello,

See how it says GC 04-12 Globex. This needs to say Nymex here.

Please remove the GC 04-12 from your Default list and re add it back on making sure the Nymex is selected.

You can use this link for a guide on how to do this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Brett,

Sorry, I didn't read the error assuming that it was the same as the previous ones that were poping up, anyway, I couldn't locate the 4-12 GC, so I delete the whole workspace. After recreating just the first chart I saw that everything looked good: I'm now getting all intraday and historical data for gold.

Your help is appreciated.
                            Spartacus.

Comment

Glad to hear it is working! Yea somehow something was still referencing that Globex exchange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Belfortbucks  
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist