Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

RFE: ability to type in limit price in the simple order window and the FX Pro window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFE: ability to type in limit price in the simple order window and the FX Pro window

Hi, it's very possible I am missing something, but I was looking to enter an order by using the simple order entry form in the Control Center in NT 6.5. For $GBPUSD limit order, I could not enter the limit price, but was forced to increase the up and down arrow, which takes a long time (> 1 minute) to get me to the price I wanted. Is there a reason I cannot enter the price into the Limit Price box by typing it in?

-Henry

Hello Henry,

The limit price automatically updates by clicking the middle mouse button in the Limit Price box. You can then use the scroll wheel to select the desired price. If you try to manually enter the price to your liking it will also modify to the last traded price, which makes it difficult to enter your value.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the answer Jason!
      Another question if I may: I don't see an option to trade from the chart on my NT 6.5. Is it because I have a demo version--even if I want to trade the Sim101 account?

-Henry

Comment

Hi Henry,

Please click the fourth icon to the left to enable ChartTrader. You will now be able to trade using your chart.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason! I was looking at the chart in the Strategy Analyzer, so the chart trader was greyed out. I see what when I use the Chart (instead of the Strategy Analyzer, I can click on the chart trader button).

Thanks for the prompt help!

-Henry

Comment

Hi Jason, I wonder if you would mind another simple question:

1. Why is it that I can't see the currency list in Basic Entry window, whereas the right list is available from FX Pro window?

2. The online doc does not really go into the details of reversing an order, for example: does it also work with limit order? Since reversing involves 2 trade (getting out first and then going in the opposite direction) does it have OCO semantics? Is it ever possible to fail to get out and just be left a new position in the opposite direction, thereby getting me into an unintended hedged position?

Thanks for your help!

-Henry

Comment

1. You can not trade currencies in the Basic Entry window since it is not designed for trading them.

2. Orders are not reversed. Positions are. Whatever pending orders may be working on the original position, the reverse feature will cancel/amend these orders and submit any additional orders in order to achieve the result where you are in an identical position in the reverse direction. To confirm operation, just test it out in the Sim101 account.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by SightCareAubetter, Today, 12:55 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes