Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBT and NT7 - Error (errServerSideInvalidTime) on historical data

Hi there,

While I have written to both support teams (NT and MBT) I was hoping someone has witnessed these errors before and can provide some tips in the short term...

Setup: Plain Win7 installation, MBT Desktop 11.8.0.38 and NT7.0.1000.8 were installed in sequence and according to the instructions provided in the NT7 installation guide for MBT.

Issues:
    1.) Error which occurs on loading historical data for all FOREX symbols that I've tested:

"Error on loading chart data for '$EURUSD Default': Error (errServerSideInvalidTime) on loading historical data".

This seems to occur on all timeframes (min/days/weeks) as well as bar and range charts. I have tried setting the template setting for a sample currency from 'Forex' to 'Default 24/7' but no luck. Not sure what else I could do. If I manually reload the data the error seems to still come up but not all the time. Changing the amount of data loaded doesn't seem to impact the error.

2.) I further keep getting msgs that the MB Trading accounts are "currently unavailable for trading" which I can't trace back to any specific error or cause.

If you could provide some help/tips/hints it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
    Frank

Hello Frank,

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. Please include a link to this forum thread with that message as well.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Error on load historical data

Did this issue get resolved as we seem to have this issue, but only with MB Trading...

Cheers Max

Comment

Hello,

Please contact us with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the note, include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.
        You'll find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder - the file I need would be named 'trace.20120306.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Max,

No the issue is not resolved unfortunately. It appears that it is caused by daily charts which plot the latest bar in the future (1 day ahead of time). No idea why this happens though...

I am currently in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time and when setting my local time on my PC to U.S. EST the immediate error msg goes away, but the last bar still plots incorrect (still ahead of time).

Only work-around in the meantime is to stay within the minute bars (even a 4h chart is based on minutes and works fine) or other bar types.

Pretty unsatisfactory but the only way to use NT at all with this issue around.

Cheers
          Frank

Comment

Hi All,

Something to try:
            In the MBT Desktop application (not the one NinjaTrader launches), there is an option under preferences to display time in EDT or Local Time. I had this set to local time, once I reverted it back to EDT the error has gone.

Hope it helps

Cheers,
            Aaron

Comment

Hi NT Support

We are 3 years on from when I posted this originally. Just got back to trading after a longer break and this error is still not resolved. Since I noticed that this is one of the posts with quite a high number of views I was just wondering if anyone at NT ever managed to solve this problem?

Changing from EDT to local time or vice versa does not affect the issue on my machine.

Regards
              Frank
              Last edited by ScaleInTrading; 07-20-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Hello Frank,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to US time zone again.

Navigate to the folder below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Transfer the tick, minute, day and cache folders to your desktop. These folders contain all historical data.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue remains now that all data is loaded anew.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post r68cervera  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes