Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive brokers - Advisor account

Hi,

I notice there has been an update to both Ninja and Interactive Brokers TWS , which is suggesting that you can post to groups in Interactive Brokers. It appears that you can post to a Ninja Group you have catered in Ninja from a chart manually. However you cannot find this group you have created in Ninja when selecting an account from within a strategy (i.e group is not an option from new strategy account). Is this the case and is Ninja planning on a fix where one can post to a Ninja Group from within a strategy...or better still one can select a group created in Interactive Brokers to post trades to , which would allow for allocations.

Looking forward to your answer

Cheers Max

Hello Max,

Am I correct you refer to the advisory at the link below?

This advisory does not suggest groups. IB allocation is not supported in our software. However you can make use of account groups in NinjaTrader. Please see the forum thread at the link below for more information.

The information in this forum thread is still accurate - you cannot use IB's allocation, however you can use account groups. Unfortunately you cannot use account groups for automated strategies as you mention. There is nothing planned in the near future to change this. You will need to run the strategy on each individual account. The strategies will run independent from each other.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 02-01-2012, 04:02 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Could be added account groups to strategies as a feature for Ninja in future versions? This is a major issue for many system traders and very incovenient as it forces a lot of replication. Replicating this in 12 accounts is not very friendly.
      Thanks

Comment

I will forward your suggestion to support accounts groups for automated strategies. Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that you can save strategy settings. Once you setup the strategy settingsto your liking, please right click in the grid and select 'Set Default For *strategy name*'. Subsequently if you apply the strategy on another account, it will use the settings you saved.

Comment

The suggestion has been assigned to ID# 1113.

Comment

I'm in the same boat with Max, it would be VERY helpful if it were possible to send orders from NT to IB groups so that we can take advantage of IB Allocation of shares across multiple accounts.

Even the ability to create a simple allocation profile as part of assigning account numbers to an Account Group would make life a lot easier.

I generate signals in TS and use the NT function dll's to send the orders to IB, it means having to send 10 separate orders each time rather than a single 'block' order which can then be allocated across accounts.

Comment

Hello QuantValue,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded it as well.

Comment

Ninjatrader for Advisors!

Im in the same boat trying to manage clients accounts and it is becoming frustrating with the more accounts I manage. IB's booktrader is not as user friendly as Ninjatrader but running more than a few Domes at the same time on Ninjatrader is a pain. Im aware of the groups but that's only good for placing a trade and leaving it alone. Most of the time after I place a trade I adjust the target and stop depending on near support/resistacce and the group setting does not update each account so then I'm back to going to each accounts ladder and updating each dome. Would be thrilled with a NInjatrader for advisors!

Aaron Stachowiak

Comment

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward yor vote to support account groups for automated strategies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes