Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo EOD (again)

Hi

New user and first post, sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I have just installed NT7 and connected to the Yahoo free EOD feed (I need UK FTSE data). I have noticed the following behaviour, during the trading day (market open) I have historical data up to and including the previous trading day. I also have a bar in charts etc for the current day which seems to be based on delayed real time data. The problem is that after the market closes this bar disappears rather than gets added to the historical data. This bar comes back after the next open, i'm guessing the next open is used to signal the last bar is finished.

This seems to be confirmed from the following quote by Ray in 2008

"The point is that the historical data pool we get from Yahoo will not include today's data until tomorrow. So todays data is built off of the delayed updates on their site, thus the higher the delay the longer it will take to build the bar. "

I was wondering if there was any way to make this daily bar (today) available after the market closes today but before it opens again tomorrow (or worse Monday) Obviously the data has been "inside" Ninjatrader during the day just not added to the historical data. I would have thought that an hour or so after market close there should be some way to do this.

Thanks in advance

Hello tommo,

Welcome to our support forum!

You can manually add the daily bar if you have the OHLC values. Please see the link below under 'How to edit historical data' for instructions how to add data manually in the Historical Data Manager.

Adding data - Left mouse click on a row to select it. Then right mouse click to access the options to Add a new data row. (Marker #3 in the image above)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by tommo View Post
      Hi

New user and first post, sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I have just installed NT7 and connected to the Yahoo free EOD feed (I need UK FTSE data). I have noticed the following behaviour, during the trading day (market open) I have historical data up to and including the previous trading day. I also have a bar in charts etc for the current day which seems to be based on delayed real time data. The problem is that after the market closes this bar disappears rather than gets added to the historical data. This bar comes back after the next open, i'm guessing the next open is used to signal the last bar is finished.

This seems to be confirmed from the following quote by Ray in 2008

"The point is that the historical data pool we get from Yahoo will not include today's data until tomorrow. So todays data is built off of the delayed updates on their site, thus the higher the delay the longer it will take to build the bar. "

I was wondering if there was any way to make this daily bar (today) available after the market closes today but before it opens again tomorrow (or worse Monday) Obviously the data has been "inside" Ninjatrader during the day just not added to the historical data. I would have thought that an hour or so after market close there should be some way to do this.

Thanks in advance
      Yahoo updates at about 2000 EST to show the current day's bar. At least it used to. Nowadays I tend to use Kinetick EOD data instead.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
      115 responses
      1 like
      Last Post kevinenergy  
      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH