Conditon Builder Set order execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditon Builder Set order execution

I have a strategy that has a profit target. In the condition builder, I have the conditions of Set 1 and they execute fine, but when I hit the profit target I want condition builder set 2 to execute, but I cannot figure a way to keep Conditon set 1 from executing orders. I set the parameter for Conditon Builder set 2 to Market Position=flat, but that does not keep set 1 from executing since the set 1 continues to execute after the profit target since the profit target gets me flat.

I am thinking that Conditon Builder cannot handle this scenario and I guess I have to get a programmer to program the code to go to Set 2 after the profit target is reached and not execute Set 1 until the profit target on Set 2 is reached and visa versa. Is there some way that Condiiton Builder can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Sircher,

The difficulty with your scenario is that there is no way to use the condition builder to monitor exactly for the "profit target filled event". It's true that you will get more flexibility with code. It is possible to create some sequencing in the condition builder, using user variables. This sample can help with a basic example of this:

If you always wanted to enforce the sequence: Set 1, Set 2, continuously, you can do it with user variables, and the sample is a good starting point for this.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses