Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying Pivots On Futures Charts

Hello All.

I'm using IB Live data for the futures markets & Ninja 64bit 7.0.10008 (latest) mainly SPI (AU) and YM (US).

I'm trying to appply pivots to the 60min charts but having some difficulty so far as the pp arent showing up on 5days of data I have displayed for the chart, only current day.

Also while the pp's are shown in the index on the far right, the lines accross each day seem to be random, in that they are there one minute then gone the next.

I would like to see the PP for each day all at the same time.

Lastly can I save these charts with all customising to the control centre toolbar for quick access as they will be my main area of interest.

Many Thanks, first post
    Appreciated
    Tekmann
    Attached Files

Hello Tekmann,

Thanks for writing in.

Pivots would apply to the current day only as they exist by default. What you're looking for is possible within NInjaTrader, but a custom programmed version of Pivots would need to be created. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants

In terms of saving the settings, simply click FIle > Workspaces > Save Workspace to save your current layout.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bugger thats a shame just to enable pivots for each day as one would see a trendline across many days.

Gee I just opened the NT box and just my luck I need to hire a consultant already ;(

What about the lines across the days bars, as they seem to be random when they're there.???

Thanks Kyle

Comment

Hello Tekmann,

I don't understand what you're asking with this new question. Can you elaborate?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Its ok worked it out as markets were opening n closing at the time so explains why they were their one min the gone the next given theyre only for current day.

Thanks for your help Kyle.

Tekmann
          Last edited by Tekmann; 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

ALSO...

Would you have information on how I could learn to program these pivots please.????

Is there any libraries of standard scripts I could copy n paste into NT???

I see I'm not the first one to request this, would it be a standard feature in the next update of NT as if we had to get a consultant to code common features in charting packages, it would make NT prohibitive to purchase then pay for all the consultants costs.

Thanks
            Tekmann

Comment

Did you msg/email Harry?

He said "free of charge"

This is what I have, if you want to use it send me a private message. It is open code free of charge. The chart shows RTH pivots, but you also can show ETH pivots. Takes into account CME holiday calendar.

Originally posted by Tekmann View Post
              ALSO...

Would you have information on how I could learn to program these pivots please.????

Is there any libraries of standard scripts I could copy n paste into NT???

I see I'm not the first one to request this, would it be a standard feature in the next update of NT as if we had to get a consultant to code common features in charting packages, it would make NT prohibitive to purchase then pay for all the consultants costs.

Thanks
              Tekmann

Comment

Tekmann, all NT provided default script starting with an @ in front are open to review the code and you could also copy it to a new indicator to modify it further to your liking.

For getting starting in programming in NinjaScript, please check into our tutorials located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../tutorials.htm

A lot of scripts to review and start from are found in the sharing section here in our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

A trick for seeing the pivot levels on historical data as well - feed them into a SMA with a Length of 1 for example, do this for all plots needed (PP, S1....)
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a example of what I'm looking for..

Yes contacted Harry but his look very different
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tekmann,

There's a lot of variation possible in pivots and indicator design in general. If you don't find what you're looking for with the free offerings, a NinjaScript consultant would be the best way to go. The screenshot is helpful, but you will also need to break down the the exact qualities of pivots you're looking for objectively before anyone could code them for you:
                    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Tekmann View Post
                      This is a example of what I'm looking for..

Yes contacted Harry but his look very different
                      Let me just comment your chart.

Your chart shows 3-day rolling pivots for $GBPUSD for November 3 and 4, 2011. Pivots are calculated from high, low and close. These 3 values depend on the underlying session that was selected.

The FOREX markt closes (this is a significant price) at 5:00 PM EST, but your chart shows a close 2 hours later, as you probably have selected a session from 0:00 GMT to 24:00 GMT. NinjaTrader allows you to select any session that you like via the session manager.

The SessionPivotsRolling indicator, which is available here, catches the selected session and can show both ETH and RTH (calculated from a subsession) rolling pivots. It can also display rolling Camarilla and Fibonacci pivots, which both work well for FOREX instruments. The indicator is available for free download here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

The forum requries membership and you will find another couple of hundred NinjaTrader indicators available for download. If you are not a member, you can contact me via private message and I will send you the rolling pivots via e-mail.

The chart below shows the SessionPivotsRolling with $GBPUSD for November 4, 2011.
                      The levels slightly deviate from the levels shown on your chart, because I have used a (segmented, this is not necessary) template with a close at 5:00 PM EST. The blue area shown by the indicator is the pivot range.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view