Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backup to Network Drive or Another Local Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup to Network Drive or Another Local Drive?

Hi,

My hard disk is full and I am unable to backup.
    I am wondering if I could backup NT onto a Network Drive or a folder. If so how do I do that?
    If not what are my alternatives?
    thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortuantely the Backup file will need to be saved within the NinjaTrader Backup folder within the Documents folder however after the backup is completed you may move this file to another location on your PC for storage.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I suggest that it would be very useful to the users of NT if NT considered giving us an option to backup the database to a different location.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortuantely the Backup file will need to be saved within the NinjaTrader Backup folder within the Documents folder however after the backup is completed you may move this file to another location on your PC for storage.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by vk279 View Post

I suggest that it would be very useful to the users of NT if NT considered giving us an option to backup the database to a different location.
        Click on the Backup facility, and you will see that you can change the path where you want to save the backup. The only caveat is that the folder to which you want to save the backup must already exist: NT will not create it, so will claim to be unable to find the path, and fail.

The backup is not used by NT while it is running, so its location really does not matter.
        Attached Files

Comment

I wil forward this suggestion to add a browse feature to point to another folder to development however as koganam mentioned you may input the path manually.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
            Click on the Backup facility, and you will see that you can change the path where you want to save the backup. The only caveat is that the folder to which you want to save the backup must already exist: NT will not create it, so will claim to be unable to find the path, and fail.

The backup is not used by NT while it is running, so its location really does not matter.
            Thanks a lot. You are a lifesaver.

Comment

Thanks a lot. You are a lifesaver.

I just upgraded my desktop and laptop to an intel 320 ssd 120 gb, picked it up from best buy for $170 on sale 2 weeks ago.

the software that came with it cloned the machine. no issues with XP and licenses.

faster than my WD raptor 10k 75 gb at 3.0 sata.

laptop - i couldn't clone the drive, had to start from recovery disks. but the ssd, even over 1.5 sata is faster than the old 5400 rpm drive. when editing videos, it returns a lot faster than the old drive. i went from 250gb->120gb. I was able to offload what I need to external HD.

well, just something to think about.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post KenneGaray  
              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes