Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't switch to global sim after live trades

Hello there...

This happens all the time - when I place live trades and then try to switch to global sim more in NT, the system won't let me do it. I get a pop-up like the one attached to the post, saying that I have live strategies running... but I don't have any open orders, positions, or running automated strategies (I trade discretionary). Can you advise why this is happening? Restarting NT seems to allow me to switch to global sim mode, but obviously I don't want to do that.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This is a bug that I am currently looking into however have not had much success replicating so far on my PC.

Can you tell me a little bit about what you do to make this happen? What order types do you use? Do you use Simulated Orders or Stop Limits with a negative offset?

Do you use ATM strategies.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I use standard ATM strategies, nothing fancy - just a simple stop market order, that's it - no profit target, or anything else. The orders are all closed, as are the positions - I know because I can check my positions through RCG's online website (I use Mirus futures and Zen-Fire, just FYI). This has been happening across multiple versions of NT for some time now. It's not a big deal since I rarely want to go into sim mode, but sometimes I'd like to walk away from my PC and know that if the keyboard falls or something that I won't get put into a live order. I could send you my logs I guess.... don't know if that would help.

Comment

Do you have a day where this happened and you places less the say 5 orders?

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Do you have a day where this happened and you places less the say 5 orders?

-Brett
          Not really - today I took 22 trades, so less than 5 is not really going to happen on any day. Anyways, it's not a big deal, but you might want to try experimenting on your own, or posting a question to the forums - it's got to be happening for other people too, if it is really a bug...

Just FYI, I seem to recall this problem happening after only 1 trade, so I can test that another time and let you know what happens...

Comment

Hello,

Please do let me know.

Yes I run into this about once a month or so with a client. However I'm never able to get it to occur my PC yet and have done testing many orders from NinjaTrader.

I needed a simple scenario that could really help me figure out where issue could be. However if there are too many orders submitted in the day it is difficult to analyze each one in detail to figure out where the problem is.

I would appreciate if you reproduce it earlier in the day to send me your log and traces so I can analyze this with the trade that caused it.

Control Center-.Help->Mail To Support with ATTN: Brett in the subject line and reference this thread if you can.

-Brett

Comment

Alright, I will try it sometime after a few trades. Do you actually place trades or only orders? Maybe you need to actually have an execution before the problem shows up. (You can try it on NQ, that should only cost you $10-$15 for in-and-out right away. I would suggest testing it on a Zen-Fire connection, since maybe it is related to that...)

Comment

I've tried executions and trades live. No success yet duplicating thats why I would love to analyze a clear problem set of steps it takes to get there and hopefully that would be enough to get this one resolved. As such no such steps to reproduce exist yet.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  Hello,

Please do let me know.

Yes I run into this about once a month or so with a client. However I'm never able to get it to occur my PC yet and have done testing many orders from NinjaTrader.

I needed a simple scenario that could really help me figure out where issue could be. However if there are too many orders submitted in the day it is difficult to analyze each one in detail to figure out where the problem is.

I would appreciate if you reproduce it earlier in the day to send me your log and traces so I can analyze this with the trade that caused it.

Control Center-.Help->Mail To Support with ATTN: Brett in the subject line and reference this thread if you can.

-Brett
                  OK, if I remember to do this at some point after only a few trades I will send it to you... can't say exactly when that might be, but I'll keep it in mind...

Comment

Thanks!

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

One more note - I was able to disconnect from Mirus, set it to global sim mode, then reconnect, and it works OK. It seems to have something to do with the fact that the connection is open. Don't know if that helps...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred