Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connecting to Interactive Brokers

Hi,

I have 3 different machines and all of them are now unable to to connect to InteractiveBrokers TWS in the last 12 hours.

All of them had been working fine. Is anyone else having problems. IB don't know of any issues.

Thanks
    Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your note.

Can you tell me the following:

- What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About, this will look like 7.0.1000.x

- What version of TWS are you using? You can check in TWS under Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

- Is there an error message listed in the Log tab of the Control Center? If errors are found, please report.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I have just upgraded NinjaTrader this morning to 7.0.1000.8

The log file says

2/02/2012 3:32:29 PM|1|2|InteractiveBrokers: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting

I am using the following TWS version

Build 917.8, May 24, 2011 3:03:14 PM Jolt Build 1.1.9, Mar 30, 2011 03:57:37 PM Nia Build 1.8.0, Mar 30, 2011 06:17:06 PM ModelNav Build 1.1.32, Mar 30, 2011 04:02:07 PM Java Version: 1.6.0_29 OS: Windows 7 (x86, 6.1)

I have also attached the TWS log file

Thanks
      Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

Can you open TWS outside of NinjaTrader and connect?

If so, can you then connect to your IB connection within NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hi,

I normally login to TWS, then open NinjaTrader and connect.

I tried doing it from NT and received a windows firewall block message. I clicked allow, but it still failed to connect.The message is still saying connecting.

Comment

Chris,

Please try restarting your PC -> Starting NinjaTrader then connecting your IB connection.

If NinjaTrader automatically starts TWS and TWS connect but NinjaTrader does not, please let us know.

Comment

Hi,

I rebooted, then restarted NJ. I then went to connect to IB.

The login screen for IB appeared, TWS then started fine. The allow API connection box appeared, but before I could click on it, it disappeared.

NT, and the log, stayed the same

2/02/2012 5:59:45 PM|1|2|InteractiveBrokers: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting

So NT hasn't connected and TWS seems fine.

I also remotely logged into work and couldn't log in either from NT. I have tried turning off the firewall to no success. One thing in common is all the computers run AVG antivirus software.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Since you bring it up, would it be possible for you to disable AVG on one of the PC's for a quick test? I have seen anti-virus software interfere in similar ways before.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have un-installed on 1 pc and it is working fine. I have contacted the anti-virus software to see if they can shed any light. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm attempting to try out NT with my IB sim account today. I followed the simple directions on NT's support page and NT keeps redialing after it's connected. This occurs every 30 sec. It disconnects and then attempts to re-connect. I am also trying out another platform to buy which doesn't disconnect.

I have NT and IB excluded from my Avast! AV.

I know people have using NT with IB for years. So what can I be doing wrong?

Comment

Hello 4tradinggreen,

Thank you for your note.

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

With the current version of NinjaTrader, 7.0.1000.9, it is critical that you use TWS version 921.5. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 921.5 via the following link:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader/TWS/tws40_install_921_5.exe

Once TWS 921.5 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Interactive-Brokers-Connection-Guide.php

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
                        Hello 4tradinggreen,

Thank you for your note.

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

With the current version of NinjaTrader, 7.0.1000.9, it is critical that you use TWS version 921.5. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 921.5 via the following link:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader/TWS/tws40_install_921_5.exe

Once TWS 921.5 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Interactive-Brokers-Connection-Guide.php
                        Hi Cameron:

That's the page I used. Here's my TWS build info:

Build 922.6
                        , Jan 5, 2012 1:07:18 PM
                        Jolt Build 1.1.14, Nov 22, 2011 04:28:22 PM
                        Nia Build 1.9.8, Nov 25, 2011 04:28:35 PM
                        ModelNav Build 1.1.39, Oct 18, 2011 03:01:02 PM

Java Version: 1.6.0_20
                        I tried connecting both with and without SSL turned on with both TWS and NT.
                        Last edited by 4tradinggreen; 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

4tradinggreen,

Please try connecting using TWS 921.5.

This will require you to uninstall any versions of TWS you have installed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
                            4tradinggreen,

Please try connecting using TWS 921.5.

This will require you to uninstall any versions of TWS you have installed.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_921_5.exe
                            I unstalled the latest TWS and installed the older 921.5. I'm still getting the same exact problem. I've heard good things about NT but I'll hold off for now.

Thanks for attempting to aid me.
                            Last edited by 4tradinggreen; 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Hello 4tradinggreen,

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In your note, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of your Config file.
                              You'll find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes