Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsystems data feed into NinjaTrader

Hello,

I'm about to go live with NinjaTrader (NT) in the next 5 days. I will be connecting to Patsystems at R.J. O'Brien broker. When I do this I will be using the NT DLL method to send orders. Within the NTCommand function I have a string called "NT_Symbol" which looks like this "EC 03-12". When I send an order for say March 2012 Euro FX (EC) how will NT get the data feed from Patsystems (Pats), I mean will NT be getting data from Pats for all the contract months for the euro or crude oil, as there would be say 36 different (3 years into the future) contract months going into the future like Dec 2014 crude oil for example. Does NT pull in all the data for each contract month from Pats? Or do I have to tell NT which contract months to get data for from Pats, and if so how do i do this in NT for live trading using the DLL method?

Thank you.

Regards

Rod

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

NinjaTrader will only get the data and trade the one instrument you requested. In this case would be the 03-12.

Why would you need to get future month contract data? If you planning on trading these then you can place trades to the 06-12 contract and get data for it as well.

-Brett

Comment

Hi Brett, thanks for your reply!

I thought TradeStation (TS) is getting the data from TS data servers and sending signals to Ninja. Therefore, NT is not downloading any data at all from Patsystems (RJ O'Brien broker). NT is just software that is grabbing the signals from TS and sending them to broker (Pats). Is this how it works, and if not could you please explain how this all works?

Is data feeding into NT from Pats / broker for ALL possible symbols/markets by default, or do i get to choose which symbols (data) are being feeded into NT from Pats? If I can choose the symbols i want data feeding into NT platform, how do i do this, which settings control this?

Thanks Brett, much appreciated in advance.

Regards,

Rod
      Last edited by Rocket130713; 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Exactly how it works I think you have it now.

Essentially you are just sending your trade signals from NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader by default only streams data for instruments you want to view or trade. This is to save processing power and bandwidth.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses