NinjaTrader direct version with CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader direct version with CQG

I just transferred from a zenfire broker to CQG with AMP.
    I am utterly appalled at what functionality I got.
    I had no idea the direct version through CQG disables chart trader.
    Why on earth would disable that its just basic order entry?
    In ZenFire Auto trading and ATM functions were disabled but you could at least still enter and exit trades from the chart.
    I think this is really selfish and greedy.
    And also I can not get index data to stream real time, which I was told I got this when my account is funded, so broker lied to me about what I got.
    What is even the point of this?
    To me this just looks like a ploy to get people to buy Ninja Trader licenses.
    So I will be transferring out of that broker quick smart.

Apparently you have to 'pay' for real time index data?
    How can this be possible? When its advertised as 'free' for live accounts?
    Its advertised as included with NT integrated with CQG.
    And even if you did have to pay for it, there is no where to do this anyway.
    How on earth do I get real time index data? I have it enabled in the connection, I have a live account.
    Yet I get no live ^SP500 or ^TICK.
    If I refresh the chart it updates but not in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_32 View Post
      Apparently you have to 'pay' for real time index data?
      How can this be possible? When its advertised as 'free' for live accounts?
      Its advertised as included with NT integrated with CQG.
      And even if you did have to pay for it, there is no where to do this anyway.
      How on earth do I get real time index data? I have it enabled in the connection, I have a live account.
      Yet I get no live ^SP500 or ^TICK.
      If I refresh the chart it updates but not in real time.
      You might want to take a look at these threads.

Comment

Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for posting your concerns.

Please allow me to clarify further on these topics.

Per Chart Trader and Direct Edition licenses. While Chart Trader is no longer available for new Direct Edition Subscribers, grandfathered users such as yourself should still have this functionality enabled with their licenses and I will see to it that this feature is returned to you as quickly as possible. Please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: James in the subject along with your Direct Edition license key and I will be more than happy to enable this feature for you.

Per Index Data with CQG, it looks like koganam has addressed this item in depth (thanks koganam), however if you have any further inquiries, you may include them in the aforementioned note and I will be sure to contact AMP on your behalf of further clarification.

Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Ok that explains the chart trader issue, I signed up for a new key because my ZenFire key wouldn't allow CQG connection.
          So instead I should have converted my old key?
          But how to do that?
          I will send an email with both keys and see if you can fix it.

Secondly the index data, I have read koganams posts, and can not figure out still how to get ^SP500 or ^TICK.
          I can not even enable it in customer portal at all there is no function in there to even do this.
          I find his highly odd as I have an email from AMP from when I had a demo and I asked why there is no real time ^TICK/^SP500.
          And they replied with, "Once your account is funded you will have access to the index data".
          So I find this highly odd, than when I emailed them the other day they tell me its a pay feature.
          This is outright lying.
          But even if it was a paid feature, there is no where in the customer portal either on AMP or CQG website when I sign in to enable it anyway.

Comment

Hi Mike_32,

I have followed up with your e-mail on the licensing, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance on this.

As for the CQG index data, you will need to contact your broker for further information on this, since NinjaTrader does not have access to your brokerage / data provider account.

Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to assisting you further.
            LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_32 View Post
              Ok that explains the chart trader issue, I signed up for a new key because my ZenFire key wouldn't allow CQG connection.
              So instead I should have converted my old key?
              But how to do that?
              I will send an email with both keys and see if you can fix it.

Secondly the index data, I have read koganams posts, and can not figure out still how to get ^SP500 or ^TICK.
              I can not even enable it in customer portal at all there is no function in there to even do this.
              I find his highly odd as I have an email from AMP from when I had a demo and I asked why there is no real time ^TICK/^SP500.
              And they replied with, "Once your account is funded you will have access to the index data".
              So I find this highly odd, than when I emailed them the other day they tell me its a pay feature.
              This is outright lying.
              But even if it was a paid feature, there is no where in the customer portal either on AMP or CQG website when I sign in to enable it anyway.
              When you get to the User Portal, you need to click on "Platform Setup", then click on your user account number. Not exactly intuitive, but it makes sense once we think about it. After all, that is what is being done: setting up the platform options.
              Attached Files

Comment

The problem is, in my account, there is actually NO button that says that.
                Its simply not there.....

Comment

Hello,

I just sent email to you let me know if you dont get it.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                    Hello,

I just sent email to you let me know if you dont get it.

-Brett
                    Hi its ok they finally added that button to my account, weird they had to manually add it.
                    But still I get no streaming index data they are all $2 and $5 and more a month.
                    So they lied to me told me I get them when I have a live account.
                    The reason why when I load a chart of ^SP500 it gives me data but doesn't refresh, is because its loading it from NT historical servers.
                    I enable NYSE in my account which is free but that seems to give me nothing no ^TICK or anything.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know you got it enabled.

The TICK and TRIN come on the Dow Jones index with CQG and not the NYSE this would be why. Dow Jones index feed is the main one that would get the data most people want for CQG.

However if you call your broker up I'm sure they would be willing to get you all the information you needed with what is one what.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses