• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I have found "download" thnx

Comment

DionysusToast,

yes w / 7.0.1000 .8
      Last edited by cmaxb; 02-14-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

New NT7 Release 9 does not work with TWS 921.5. Any suggestions?
        I use free version of NT7 and Windows XP SP2. Should I uninstall previous verson of NT7 before install new release?
        Last edited by altawast; 02-15-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Hello altawast,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the support forum.

When attempting to connect, does an error trigger? If so, what does that error report?
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I first start TSW. Then i start NR7R9. When I prompt to connect NT7R9 with IB connection (which i used before without problems) there is window with username and pass for account in IB. If i write username and pass TWS starts again and send me a message that there are 2 sessions of TWS and suggest me to close one of them. But no connection with NT7. This repeats for 30s.

Comment

Hello altawast,

So far you are the only one that reported such an issue. Does the issue persist after a reboot of your computer?

Can you please double check the version numbers. You can check it at Help-->About (TradersWorkStation).

What happens if you do not start TWS, but you start NinjaTrader and then connect to IB - does it make a difference?
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Help/About
                Build 921.5, Nov 23, 2011 5:02:28 PM Jolt Build 1.1.13, Nov 2, 2011 06:48:39 PM Nia Build 1.9.7, Sep 30, 2011 05:10:28 PM ModelNav Build 1.1.39, Oct 18, 2011 03:01:02 PM Java Version: 1.6.0_27 OS: Windows XP (x86, 5.1)

The last message after failed connection is:
                Login failed: Timeout on waiting for TWS.

No difference if i first start NT and try to connect from NT.
                Last edited by altawast; 02-15-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Did you check the NinjaTrader version as well? Make sure it states 7.0.1000.9.

Comment

Yes, i am sure. NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.9 Copyright 2003-2012 Ninja Trader, LLC

Comment

I suggest to remove your current IB connection and recreate a new one. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your IB connection and click Remove.

Click Add and create a new IB connection as per the instructions at the link below.

Make sure the TWS API options are setup accordingly.

Check if you are now able to connect.

Comment

No difference.

Comment

altawast >

I noticed the same issue today.

I'm running NT7 1000.7 and just updated IB to the recommended 921.5

Suddenly NT INSISTS on starting IB by itself . Which in itself is quite nice, except that we use a DigiPass so we need TIME to type the challenge code etc... which NT doesn't seem to allow us to do, and considers as a timeout ...

What we managed to do right now, is modify the IB connection in NT by specifying our local lan ip rather than 127.0.0.1 , NT then doesn't try to start IB and you can do it like you always used to.

We are currently installing 1000.9 to see if the issue is resolved.

However it would be best if NT gave us the option to autoStart IB or NOT, or at least define a timeout value, so that users like us who are required by IB to use an external code/challenge module have the time to use it ...

Comment

Okay. Installation of NT 1000.9 resolves the issue with IB.

Most probably the IB TWS changed window handle, and NT didn't detect it.

Could NT7 implement a checkbox in the IB Connection Properties to allow or not the autostart of IB ?
                            This also makes issues if we install IB in the non-default directory (c:\JTS) , as NT will not even try to connect if it doesn't find jts.ini ... which is unacceptable.

Comment

Hello zark.be,

Installing NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.9 will solve this issue. The connection issue that is described can be experienced in version 7.0.1000.8 and lower and TWS version 918 and higher.

We do support the 'Auto logon' option in the IB connection wizard. If enabled, it will automatically start TWS and connect.

@altawast, can you please try an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader and check if this will make a difference. You will save all settings and data.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 from the link below.

Comment

Jason > Auto Logon option changes absolutely nothing.

Checked or not, it will launch IB and will try to send it the username+password (even if the fields are empty).

This happens both in 1000.7 and 1000.9

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post f.saeidi  
                                Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes