This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello zark.be,

The 'Auto logon' refers to a pop up window in TWS. If enabled, the pop up window is skipped - you automatically connect. If disabled, you need to click OK in this TWS pop up window. Unfortunately, it will not affect the start of TWS and login procedure.

I will forward your suggestion to support an option in the IB connection wizard to disable/enable the automatic start of TWS.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jason,
      I did what you suggested, but with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 it is the same as with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.9. If i am the only one with problem with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.9 and TWS 921, please send me private messages.
      Last edited by altawast; 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Is there any reason why you do not have SP3 for Windows XP? I suggest to install SP3 and check if this will make any difference for you. You can download and install at the link below.

Comment

Hello zark.be

Can you please tell me if you have 'Run-time pop up handling' enabled in the IB connection wizard? I suspect your issue is related to this option. It surpresses the login window.

The option to have TWS not start on connection would not be ideal since TWS needs to be running to connect to IB in NinjaTrader.

Comment

anybody there has no issue on TWS 921 with NT 1009 release?

Comment

IB and Ninjatrader connection problem

Hi,

IB continues to upgrade frequently (very annoying).

Then they say 917.8 will be unsupported after Feb 24. So I reluctantly upgrade to 921.5 as suggested by Ninjatrader.

After some trials and errors, following Ninjatrader's installation instructions, I get NT 7 1000.7 and IB 921.5 to connect OK (with the IB numbers, etc.). But after a few seconds two messages pop up, as seen in the screen capture images.

At that point, I decide to shut down for a while. Wait and see what Ninjatrader forum suggests. LOL Hellppppppp!

I love Ninjatrader, but this is very, very frustrating. IB does not really care, as they are a deep discount broker. They give you a few charts, nothing fancy, et cetera.

Hoping for a solution before the 24th of this month.

Joe
              Attached Files
              Last edited by westcoastjoe; 02-19-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Hi Joe,

Which build of NinjaTrader are you using? To check, please click Help > About.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hi Joe,

Which build of NinjaTrader are you using? To check, please click Help > About.
                  Hey Kyle,

"After some trials and errors, following Ninjatrader's installation instructions, I get NT 7 1000.7 and IB 921.5 to connect OK (with the IB numbers, etc.). But after a few seconds two messages pop up, as seen in the screen capture images."

Ninjatrader 7 1000.7

Going to uninstall TWS 921,5 so that I can get the data feed tomorrow. Will re-install 918.7.

Joe

Comment

Hello Joe,

Please upgrade NinjaTrader to the latest version to solve the issue (7.0.1000.9). You can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.

Comment

Dear NinjaTrader Customer Service,

Thank you for the information.
                      I have upgraded the TWS and Ninja and the automated strategy seems to work okay.
                      But I found another problem.

After activating the strategy at the strategies tab and when it turns green, I always check strategy performance 'historical' to confirm whether the data connection is established properly. When I tried to do this, the historical performance viewer does not come out.

Could you please confirm this on your end and make necessary amendment?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

Hello hana_maui,

It works on my end when I test it. What interval is used to run your stratgey (tick, minute, day, etc)?

Does the issue recur after a restart of NinjaTrader?

Are you able to reproduce the issue using the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

You can check if you are connected successful by checking the lower left corner of the Control Center.

Comment

Dear Mr. Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.
                          My strategy is based on 1 minuite data.
                          Connection is established and is green.

I have rebooted Ninja and Historical Strategy Performance window does not open.
                          I have tried clicking this Historical strategy performance tab several times, but did not open.

But when I opened SampleMACrossOver strategy performance, the window opened.
                          And at the same time, I tried my own strategy, then the strategy performance opened.

But when I closed both strategy performance windows and disabled SampleMACrossOver strategy, and then tried to open strategy performance window for my strategy, it will not open.

I don't know what's the problem.
                          I wish if you can realize the same situation on your end too.
                          Last edited by hana_maui; 02-20-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Do you experience the issue only with one strategy or does it occur for multiple custom created strategies?

Could it be the historical performance window is listed in the Windows task bar? If so, please right click it and check if you can restore the window on your monitor using any of the right click options.

What happens if you compile your NinjaScript files. Could it be the strategy in question contains errors?

1) Please go to Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy
                            2) Select any strategy and double click on it.
                            3) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and select Compile - all NinjaScript files will now be compiled

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                              Hello Joe,

Please upgrade NinjaTrader to the latest version to solve the issue (7.0.1000.9). You can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.
                              http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
                              Hi Jason,

It seems to be working. So far so good. Thanks for your quick response, and thank you to Kyle also.

Joe

Comment

Dear Mr. Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.
                                I have checked and found out that the historical performance window is listed in the Windows task bar. So I have activated as advised.
                                Thank you for the support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                                Started by olisav57, Yesterday, 07:39 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jquiroz1975  
                                Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM