• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Trader Limit Order Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader Limit Order Problem

In market replay I right click the chart and select limit buy/sell but the price I get is much higher/lower than the limit price.

I don't think I have market if touched selected.

Hi stuck, thanks for the post - which order are you then exactly submitting? A buy limit order above the current price? This would be considered a marketable limit order and would fill you immediately at the current price, as a limit order would basically mean : this price x or better, for a long entry the current lower price is the better price, so it executes.

Market If Touched would not be supported per default with NT, but I believe there are addons available that would add this function.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let's say I put a buy limit at 155 and the current price is 156. When it drops to 155 it will execute the order but the price it says I got is something like 155.73.

The reverse with sell limit orders.

Comment

Sounds like you place a StopLimit order here, those could have an offset - please check the orders tab to in NT's Control Center to exactly see what order was placed in your case.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What do you mean by offset?

I don't remember setting something like that.

I placed a sell limit at 156.50. Control center says sell limit at 156.50.

It executes.

Control center says average price 156.50. Chart trader and static DOM mark the average price at 156.24. P/L is calculated off of the latter.

Comment

Hi stuck,

When a Stop Limit order is used, two prices are included the stop price and the limit which in NinjaTrader is defined as a number of ticks from the stop price. Do you recall setting a second price when submitting the order?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't have a stop or profit target set of any type. It is just a limit order.

Comment

Hi stuck,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please include a link to this thread in the body of the email:
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=47322

Let us know as well the exact date / time you submitted this, or an order ID of this execution you detailed:
                I placed a sell limit at 156.50. Control center says sell limit at 156.50.

It executes.

Control center says average price 156.50. Chart trader and static DOM mark the average price at 156.24. P/L is calculated off of the latter.
                Thanks. I look forward to assisting you further.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 02-06-2012, 03:07 PM.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by billythekid72, Today, 07:10 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by Gav_G, 05-28-2020, 01:23 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes