Chart won't compress bar spacing sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart won't compress bar spacing sometimes

I have a chart of EUR/USD with the 1 sec Bid and the 1 sec Ask line-on-close and it's saved in my workspace to load every day.

Unlike all my other charts that load every day, this chart doesn't save its bar compression setting. I set it just spaced out enough that I can see an axis label for every minute, but not wider.

On loading today like many other days, it is showing only 15 seconds on the whole screen and I cannot increase the bar compression to 1min / inch or so.

Later today, it might fix itself. But I never can work out how it fixes itself, so I have no work-around except to recreate the chart, which is a pain.

Here are my settings, snapshot attached.
    Attached Files

Hi adamus, could you please email me that workspace to support so I could attempt to reproduce here on our end? You could use Help > Mail to Support for example to contact us with this file.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, the email is on its way to you.

Comment

Thanks got them adamus and looking into reproducing here.

Comment

Today the chart came up with bar compression set to maximum - (or minimum depending how you look at it) - i.e. no problem. I didn't save it like that though.

How I save it seems to lost - unlike with the minute bar charts.

Comment

Just replied also to your email directly - I noted your 1 second chart is saved with fixed scale, that's intended, correct? I opend / closed your workspace provided multiple times now here and could reproduce an issue - what dataprovider / OS / regional settings do you use here?

Comment

I'm using Interactive Brokers on Windows 7 64-bit set to UK locale.

I assume that was a typo and you meant to say you couldn't reproduce it?

Comment

Hello,

Do you enable and disable chart trader during the day?

I know of a limitation with this changing the bar spacing minimum.

-Brett

Comment

Hi Brett,

as a rule, no I don't disable chart trader.

I have tried disabling and then re-enabling chart trader when I have the issue, but it didn't help - at least not last time when I tried everything I knew.

Would it be worth saving a chart template for the chart and then re-applying it if it happens again?

Comment

Would be worth a go, I was asking as I know that if you keep enabling and disabling the chart trader it will continue to increase the minimum bar spacing distance. However if you are not doing that we would need to search for another item that is causing it.

-Brett

Comment

Suggestions...

To get back to max compression try this...type your data series period over again...1s in this case below...this will often then compress the chart for me....can also try making the chart full screen then reset the chart period....more regular compression may also possibly be helped if you eliminate overnight data in a custom session ....also re-apply a chart template can help to compress also....
                      Last edited by Alfred; 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hi, I have this occurring again. What did you want me to try to do now that it is occurring?

Comment

Hello,

I needed some details on steps you took to get into that state. What sequence of events happened that caused this?

Also, did you try loading a template or saving this as a template and reapplying.

-Brett

Comment

I didn't do anything in particular. I opened NT7 this morning and this chart was like this - yesterday it was fine and in fact it has been fine everyday for over a week. The only thing I did to the chart was to save the workspace last night as I closed NT and to open it this morning.

Loading a template with the desired bar compression fixes it.

Comment

Hello,

If you close NT without saving the workspace and restart is it back to the bad state?

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post trilliantrader  
                              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes