Chart won't compress bar spacing sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today it acted slightly differently.

Last night I deleted the cache directory contents.

The chart opened up compressed to show 10 hours on the screen. Great! But I tried to uncompress it so I could see minute resolution and it immediately jumped out to show only 10 mins on the x axis and I was unable to compress it back up again.

Comment

Thanks for the details adamus, I have unfortunately so far not been able to hit it here in my tries - would it matter if you restored from a workspace / chart saved on Fixed scale? So if you return to autoscale before calling it a day and save the setup then - would you also seen an issue next morning on restore?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't know. I'll try autoscale on when I exit from now on to see if it recurs.

Comment

Today it's not doing it - plus 1 point for the auto-scale solution. I'll keep tabs on it.

Comment

Saved it last night shutting down with the auto-scale y axis set off (i.e. fixed scale).

This morning the x axis refused to compress.

Comment

Thanks for the input adamus, that's good to isolate further. I've seen it here as well on occasion, but not 100% reproducible for me yet. I've forwarded to development as well so they could review and keep an eye on related items.

Comment

I saved the workspace with the y-axis set to auto-scale last night - this morning it started up and compressed fine - so the score so far is auto-scale +2, fixed-scale 0.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us posted Adamus and helping to further isolate matters.

Comment

Saved workspace last night with the y-axis set to auto-scale, but on starting up this morning, the chart won't compress as it should.

Seems it's not the silver bullet I was hoping for

Comment

Saved the workspace last night without thinking about changing the auto-scale setting back to on.

This morning, the x-axis compression was really tight, with maybe 12 hours showing.

Sometimes when I try to expand from such a tight compression, it goes nuts and leaps straight to showing only 5 mins. However today it behaved itself so it's working as it should.

Comment

Thanks for the continued testing and input adamus. In testing here on our end we see an issue in decompressing occasionally, but unfortunately not to the point that we could reproduce 100% of the time. I have sent a description of your case and findings though to my developers so it can be included as we're testing and continuing to work on our next major update internally.

Comment

FYI I took off the Ask data series and am using just the Bid now. This on its own seems to have minor problems like today, I thought it wouldn't let me compress it. It opened up massively expanded showing only 1 minute on the x-axis, and using the mouse initially it looked like it wasn't going to compress but after thinking about it, it jumped down to maximum compression and I was able to set it to my desired compression of 20 mins on the x-axis.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Aviram Y  
                          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby