Esignal bar replay simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

I've downloaded Ninja version 6.0. I've tried to use the Esignal bar replay with Ninja to replay and sim some tick data files that I have. I'm not able to do so though. In the previous version I was using 5 it worked no problem.

I follow the same steps that I was using to play the tick files in 5.0 using the Ninja EFS for Esignal. Now though when I open a chart in esignal and try to add the NTplayback EFS it crashes my esignal and I have to restart. This is with Ninja version 6.

My question is in regards to a fix of some sort. Is there any fix for this problem right now so that we can replay tick data via Esignal? I talked to my broker at Mirus and he mentioned it best to contact support here.

If it isn't possible to replay tick data in Ninja via Esignal tick data can 2 versions of ninja be on the same computer at the same time without any problems? (i.e. version 5 so that I can replay tick data and version 6 for my live trading) A templorary solution I'm thinking till 6 is able to replay tick files.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Qyu

P.S. I'd also gone to the Esignal bulletin board to read up on Ninja but there wasn't any info there on 6 and replaying tick files via Esignal.

Comment

imported post

You need to install NTPlayback.efs from NT6 installation and not that of NT5. They are different.

Comment

imported post

Hi Dierk,

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently using the new NTPlayback.efs that came with Ninja 6.0. It still crashes on me when I try to open the NTPlayback.efs in an Esignal chart.

The error I'm currently getting is saying Failed to initialize NtDirect. This is after opening the EFS. Esignal then closes down and opens a Crash Information v1.1 box to which I send the Crash report.

I re-installed an older version of Ninja Version 5.2.1000.1 on a laptop to test things out and that works fine when trying to playback Tick Data in Ninja with Esignal playback.

On my desktop I currently have 6.0 running with my esignal and am not able to use the tick replay with ninja. This is what's currently giving me problems. If you need any screencaps of the erros I can send those also. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Qyu

Comment

imported post

Sorry, there is a bug related to NTDirect.dll which will be fixed with next NT6 beta (forgot to mention that before). Next NT6 beta will be available within the next 2 days.

Comment

I have installed ver 6.5 and wanted to replay eSignal data as I cannot record data during the day while at work. I tried to follow the "eSignal Playback" located on the "NinjaTrader Help Guide" webpage, but none of it makes sense with the current version. Ie: no "NTPlayback.efs" to be found anywhere.

1. Does market replay using esignal still not work?

2. Is there a thread I do not know of that describes how to get tick data to play in Ninja Charts 6.5 from eSignal after I get home from work at night?

3. (as an aside) Ray's post on the eSignal forum
            "Welcome to the NinjaTrader eSignal Forum "
            a) the link to the software gives a "404" on a German website.
            b) the URL to NinjaTrader has an extra period at the end and will not work.

Thanks,
            Bob

Comment

Unfortunately we removed support for eSignal playback. I will check the Help Guide to make sure it is removed.

What you can do is record data while connected to eSignal and use the Market Replay Connection to replay it. More information at the link below.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

eSignal playback return

Ray,

Are you working on eSignal playback at all now? I am back coding and trying to use NT 6.5 as an interface platform but I'm at the stage where I want to work on multi exit trade management to refine it.

Regards,
                MuthaF

Comment

Hello muthaf,

Unfortunately the eSignal playback is not supported anymore. However you can record real-time data you receive in NinjaTrader when connected to eSignal using the Market Replay. You can replay the recorded data in future sessions. Please see the link below for more information.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am coming back to using NinjaTrader, after not using it for a number of years. Let me see if I have the current replay capabilities straight.

I can only record LIVE data. I can not replay any market data unless I personally recorded it? I have searched, and it seems that recorded files for NinjaTrader are NOT generally available like they are for eSignal. (Unless there is some secret stash of NinjaTrader replay files that I haven't found. If there is, could somebody point me to them?)

I have a trading strategy that I would like to do some back testing on, say 6 months worth. I have to first faithfully record 6 months of market data in real time using NinjaTrader before I can even start my test? Is this an accurate representation of the replay capabilities of NinjaTrader? Or have I misinterpreted things?

I would like to know if this is possible to do, before I get too deep into NinjaTrader.

This is on the NinjaTrader 6 help web page, at the link referenced in the previous post:

On occasion, NinjaTrader, LLC will provide pre-recorded market data for use with the market replay function.
                    But no explanation on how to get this data, or download the files. How do I get them?

Is this something that is in NT 7? I downloaded and ran NT 7, but just had a lot of problems with it (don't recall the exact problems now, but it was too unstable to use for trading yet). I could still use NT 7 for my testing, if the back data is available for NT 7.

Thanks for any and all help,

Griffin

Comment

Hello Griffin,

Upon using NinjaTrader 6.5 you will need to record Market Replay first in order to replay it. Unfortunately there is no Market Replay to download for this version.

Please note that backtests and running your strategy on Market Replay data are different actions. Please see the link below.

Backtests will use historical data saved in the database or load historical data from your data feed.

NinjaTrader 7 supports the function to download Market Replay data.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes