Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Cash Value not reflected correctly

Hello NT,

I am using NT 64bit version 7.0.1000.8 multi broker live. I have deposited an additional 5K into my account but it is not reflected in NT Accounts screen.

I called my broker AMP (I am using zen-fire) and they said that the funds are in the account, I have also verified this new amount is indeed in my statement.

They suggested that when I place a trade on this account the amount would then be properly reflected, but it did not. I do NOT want to restart NT as I have a strategy running.

Do you have any recommendations to fix this issue? Have others reported this?
    Thanks!
    Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your post.

Account balance should update after an order has been placed as your broker reported. So that we can investigate why this value may not be updating correctly for you, please contact me with an email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In that message, please include:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of today's trace file.
    You will find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    The file I need would be named 'trace.20120207.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, just sent with trace files from Feb 7th and today.

Comment

What was the problem

NT: what was the solution to this?

I just got the same problem now.

Have received a statement from Dorman saying my account was updated with US$10k on 21 February.

But when I log onto NT now (12.47am ET 22 February) and place an order it still shows the old account balance.

Note: I did not let the order fill.

EDIT: 12.55 am and it just updated by itself - I wasn't trading, placing orders or anything.

Still be interested to know why there is a delay though.
        Last edited by steve2222; 02-21-2012, 11:57 PM. Reason: Latest info

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Account balance should update after an order has been placed in the account.So that we can investigate why this value may not be updating correctly for you, please contact me with an email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In that message, please include:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of today's trace file.
          You will find that file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          The file I need would be named 'trace.20120221.txt'.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Steve,
            NT did not provide a solution, I filled multiple orders and the account did not reflect the updated value.
            What did work for me was a database reset and a restart of NT

Once u fix this issue please let us know what worked for u

Comment

Update

Thanks Gary for your reply.

Kyle and Matthew from NT replied to me upon reviewing my trace files.

Matthew concluded by saying that to FORCE an update to your account balance with your broker you have to let a live trade order actually FILL, just placing the order (even if accepted by your broker) is not enough.

That still leaves me with three surprises:

1/ That disconnecting and reconnecting NT to ZenFire/Mirus in itself is not enough to force an update to your cash balance.

2/ That placing an order with your broker is not enough to force an update even though the very action of your broker accepting your order means their system has checked your account balance.

3/ That NT some 10 minutes later (in my case) just updated the balance while I was doing nothing! No orders resting, no trades in play - nothing. I wonder if it is something to do with the time of day. Mirus received my funds on 21 February (as per their statement to me), but NT only updated it at 12.55am ET USA on 22 February. Maybe Mirus wait to update balances until the start of the new day (post midnight) to be sure no customer has any queries re their previous day statement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y