multiple trade allocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple trade allocation

My query is how best to implement multiple trade allocation in NT7.
    Let's say for example a scenerio where you want to enter a trade and have 3 different profit taking strategies and ratio each of these strategies 50:30:20 % of your position.

Would you enter the trade with the complete position or would you enter 3 separate orders?
    Depending on the answer to the first, is there a good way in NT to manage each of the different exit conditions?

To keep it simple, let's assume a 3 fixed profit taking strategies of:
    - 1ATR, 1.5ATR, and 2 ATR
    with an allocation of 50, 30, 20 %.

I'm interested to know people's thoughts on the best way to approach this in the code.

Whilst thinking about this, it may be important to note, that amongst the profit taking component, you also have a stop monitoring component. Eg, you may want to shift stops for the different allocations to different levels independantly.

thanks

PolarBear, if you're working in the managed approach here it would be important to note to scale into your position, so you could scale out later by 'tagging' the exit orders to your entries - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3751

For your orders, I would suggest not using the Set() methods, as you would need the IOrder returns of the Exit() methods to monitor their individual states and have tigher control amending the levels as the trade progresses.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes