Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast limit entry in Chart Trader

Hello,
    In Chart Trader (not DOM) : now to place a limit order at a certain price, I have to right-click with the mouse and choose 'Buy Limit' or 'Sell Limit' in the list.
    Is there a way to do that quickly, like placing the mouse at the desired price level and pressing a key on the keyboard? (would be one key for limit-buy and an other for limit-sell)
    Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Would you be submitting orders at the current Bid/Ask or outside the current market?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ChristopherJ,
      Not at the current Bid/Ask (I know there are buttons for this) but not far away. It would be outside of the current market, at some arbitrary price (visible on the chart).
      Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately this is not currently available however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

As an additionnal item in the Hot Key Manager, I guess it would be easy to implement and very useful. Otherwise, I have to say that the platform is awesome.

Comment

Actually as two items in the Hot Key Manager :
            - one key for placing a buy limit order at the price corresponding to the current mouse pointer location in the chart
            - one key for placing a sell limit order in the same way

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #1535 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

You can get around this problem by parking your order in advance on the chart out of harms way and then dragging it when and where you want it. With a limit buy you can park it a few points below the area of interest and if you want in fast then just shove it anywhere above the recent trade and you get an instant fill at the ask.

Comment

I like to implement some function as DOM, for example, Left Click (above current price) in the chart to StopBuy, Left Click (below current price) in the chart to BuyLimit, and Right Click (above current price) to SellLimit, and Right Click (below current price) to SellStop. If this can be worked out, plus excellent ATM, no other platforms can compete with NT.

Comment

NT Team, we really need the function to place order quickly within chart, sometimes, when I find the buy stop order, the price is already higher, I missed the trades. Sierra Charts combines the DOM with the chart, your crosshair line points to the chart and DOM price, it is very quick to get the order done, hope we have a solution soon. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      Unfortunately this is not currently available however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
                      Hi Christopher, has this request been input into your tracking system yet?

Comment

Hello traderharley,
                        You can assign an hotkey to increase/decrease the order price quickly. Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.

Please make sure enable "Use order entry hot keys" from Tools>Options>General tab.
                        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

One click chart entry

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                          This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #1535 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                          Christopher,

Is there any update on this? I just left OEC and their EZ Trader platform lets you left click on the chart for buy limit orders and right click for sell limit orders and then click and drag to adjust. It is very fast and works great.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the post and welcome to our forums Bill, this is still an active enhancement request on our lists maintained in product management. I've just added a vote on your behalf in as well.
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, this thread is quite old now but was a solution ever implemented in NT7 or NT8 ? Would like to program these as hotkeys on my gaming/trading mouse; same as what is available on right-click menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrancisMorro  
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes