Can't cancel active orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't cancel active orders

Today while trading replay data, somehow I was left with two active orders in my static SuperDom. I can't make them go away.

Scrolling up and down in the DOM ladder doesn't show any pending orders. But the ATM strategy list shows two active orders.

Selecting the active strategy and clicking on the red X doesn't do anything.

Right clicking the DOM ladder and selecting "Flatten everything" doesn't do anything.

Right clicking and selecting "Cancel all orders" doesn't do anything.

Selecting "Flatten everything" from Control center -> File doesn't do anything.

It's like the orders don't exist. But when I try to disconnect from the market replay connection, it shows me a warning "You have 2 active order(s). Do you really want to disconnect?"

Any ideas what might be going on?
    -Alex

anachronist,

Did you perhaps submit an invalid stop-limit order? Where there any error messages as such?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT doesn't let me submit invalid orders. I get the bullet "pwing!" sound with a pop up. Maybe submitting an order during fast replay mode might cause executions and fills to get a bit mixed up internally if the ticks are coming in too fast. I was playing it back at 8X speed while trading. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this.

Disconnecting and reconnecting replay cleared the orders. I just thought it was strange that I'd have active orders that I can't cancel or remove no matter what I tried.

-A

Comment

anachronist,

There is a known issue with market replay where submitting an invalid order can cause it to get stuck. It does not happen in live trading. Its on our list for replacement for future versions.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What was the resolution for this? I have the same issue.

Comment

What worked for me is disconnecting from Replay and then reconnecting. The problem hasn't resurfaced for me since my original message in this thread.
            -A

Comment

It was just happening to me in sim on live data. I disconnected and reconnected and it created a bunch more orders. I had to reset my sim account which I didn't really want to do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH