Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about orders sent with live license

Hi there

I am going to buy a live license of NT and had a few questions before I go ahead.

I use Interactive Brokers and been trading sim with my automatic strategy. I noticed the orders my strategy creates in NT are not sent to the sim account at IB.

When I buy the live license how do orders work? I assume they are sent as soon as they are created in NT and I can see them in the IB window.

My main concern is that once filled the associated target and stop order are also placed with IB. That way I don't have to worry about connection issues with NT, the program being closed if the power goes off or if the computer hiberates or the computer restarts due to a power outage. The current live order will hit the target or stop until I have a connection again. I never really paid attention in sim mode but now that I'm going live it is quite a concern to protect against a connection issue and preventing a disaster.

Also do users disable their computers from hiberating during trading hours but leave the screensaver because of password protection?

Thx
    IJ

ij001,

I am happy to assist you.

Without a live license, all trades will be placed locally in a simulated account. A live license is required for paper trading accounts.

Where do orders reside?

Interactive Brokers :
    Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
    OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Get a UPS device ( a big one) and put that on your cable modem and router. You should be able to get 45+ minutes.

Hopefully you are using a laptop which has it's own battery backup supply. The desktop drains a UPS pretty quickly.

*note my cable modem line still works in local power outages.. I'm not sure how far up the chain it has to go before I lose internet, but of the 3 times it has happened, I've had internet until my UPS ran out of juice.

Screen Saver would be up to you. I don't see a need for one myself.

Originally posted by ij001 View Post
      Hi there

My main concern is that once filled the associated target and stop order are also placed with IB. That way I don't have to worry about connection issues with NT, the program being closed if the power goes off or if the computer hiberates or the computer restarts due to a power outage. The current live order will hit the target or stop until I have a connection again.

Also do users disable their computers from hiberating during trading hours but leave the screensaver because of password protection?

Thx
      IJ

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
        ij001,

I am happy to assist you.

Without a live license, all trades will be placed locally in a simulated account. A live license is required for paper trading accounts.

Where do orders reside?

Interactive Brokers :
        Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
        OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.

Hi

Looks like all my concerns will be taken care of.

So I can just buy the live license and connect to my usual IB connection and orders will be sent to my simulated or live IB account?

Also I can buy the lease and upgrade to lifetime later and it will be prorated?

Thx
        IJ

Comment

ij,

Yes, it will submit orders to paper trading or live accounts.

You can have it prorated for any unused time left on the license, however details would have to be discussed with sales. This is sales at ninjatrader dot com

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes