Small request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small request

Hello, I really like what i see so far in NinjaTrader. I am considering multi-broker license (full own). However, i just can't get past one small problem. In most other charting packages, it is ctrl-click to change y-axis scale, and single left-click to drag chart vertically, either in the main area, or the scale. I don't see why Ninja has this reversed. It is very counter-intuitve, and i find myself constantly changing the scale, when i meant to drag it, etc. is there any way to change this ?

cmaxb,

There is no way to change this currently. I will suggest to development on your behalf.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Begging for Assistance from NT is like asking for a dead man walk again

Hi Team

Can anyone assist me with my issue. My NT is giving me this error "Unable to write Cache Data" and then it will shut my NT down.
      Have been going back and forth with NT Support team without a decent help or suggestion for a fix. Why is it that when ever you go to NT support, you have to beg for assistance.Is it this particular issues has never happened before in NT life that they don't know what the fix would be.

I know NT Support will remove this message asap, however they have major issues that they need to address with their Support Staff. If they are not that knowledgeable, then get rid of them and get skilled operators who know how to support and look after their customers.

Or is it NT doesn't believe in customers.

Frustrated Customer...

sharmas

Comment

Sharmas,

Please send a support request to support at ninjatrader dot com for your data cache issue. If you have already sent something, please identify your name and/or email so I may double check that you are taken care of.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sharmas View Post
          Hi Team

Can anyone assist me with my issue. My NT is giving me this error "Unable to write Cache Data" and then it will shut my NT down.
          Have been going back and forth with NT Support team without a decent help or suggestion for a fix. Why is it that when ever you go to NT support, you have to beg for assistance.Is it this particular issues has never happened before in NT life that they don't know what the fix would be.

I know NT Support will remove this message asap, however they have major issues that they need to address with their Support Staff. If they are not that knowledgeable, then get rid of them and get skilled operators who know how to support and look after their customers.

Or is it NT doesn't believe in customers.

Frustrated Customer...

sharmas
          2 things to check. Forgive me if they are obvious.
          1. Do you have free space on the drive that contains your "cache" folder?
          2. Has the "cache" folder been inadvertently made read-only?

Comment

Per orignal request. A few comments:

1) the up-down arrow keys are not assigned to any function. Could they be assigned to ctrl+drag up-down ? ,would this be worth a full-license to you guys ?,
            2) More than a few users remote into their Windows boxes, with some sort of a tablet. I don't know if you have used rdp on a tablet lately, but setting up ctrl+drag, is extremely awkward, where a double-tap drag key combination is required.
            3) could there, alternately, be a way to lock the scale, so that it does not change inadvertently ?
            4) when ctrl+dragging, the chart will not update the latest values
            5) i set up my scale (beyond the top-bottom) edges, once or twice when first setting up a chart. However, i will move the chart up and down many, many times during a session to see what has gone off-screen.

Thank you ,
            Last edited by cmaxb; 02-19-2012, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

1) Unfortunately this would not be possible.

2) Understood, will sent the feedback into development.

3) The price or time scale?

4) Not until you let go correct?

5) Sorry whats the question?

Thanks.

Comment

1) is there something the up-down arrow keys are being reserved for ? i don't understand the dilemma, though i understand if it's not a priority.
                3) well, i can move left-right already, with arrow key, so the time scale doesn't need to be locked.
                4) correct.
                5) just re-iterating that moving the chart around is typically more common than rescaling ..

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward it on up.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes