Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Range Bars minimal rangle (draw tick chart only a price is moved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bars minimal rangle (draw tick chart only a price is moved)

Does anyone know a way to filter Tick chart to plot a new bar only a price change is occurred? I used to consider Range Bar but I realized that Range Bar may draw 10 bars if the price change is 10. And another problem for Range bar is it only plot a new bar until the price change is >= 2 ticks (>1 tick, the minimal range value)
    Last edited by wzero; 02-12-2012, 11:24 PM.

wzero, you're correct the min range bar size is one tick, as this is the smallest increment a market could trade in. You would need to look into creating a new tick bars custom type that would fall into your requirements, this would be unfortunately something though we could not support but to get a start you can check into the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type > @BarsTypes.cs file.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by wzero View Post
      Does anyone know a way to filter Tick chart to plot a new bar only a price change is occurred? I used to consider Range Bar but I realized that Range Bar may draw 10 bars if the price change is 10. And another problem for Range bar is it only plot a new bar until the price change is >= 2 ticks (>1 tick, the minimal range value)
      I thought NT7 is range bars with gaps..unless something odd happens on non-ES futures chart, and this was a change from NT6.5 which did not have gaps as you describe??

There is something called no gap range bars for NT7 in the code section or at Big Mikes trading forum. Google that, should lead you there.

Comment

I found Second bar is exactly what I need, since Second bar only update (add new bar) once there is a "tick". This is actually a bug for time period bar. Time period bar should add new bar regardless of if this is a "tick" as long as the market is open. For this case, Second bar is what I need.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80