Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to IB

Hi
    I am unable to connect to TWS after upgrading it. I am using NT 6.5.

Hello kure_gtr,

Unfortunately TWS 918 and later are not supported and cause connection issues. We currently support TWS 917.8.

You can download and install TWS 917 from our IB connection guide at the link below.

Make sure the TWS API options are setup properly as well.

In addition, we are internally testing a new TWS version. Please look out for an official annoucement (pop up message in NinjaTrader) the upcoming days.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got the same Problem. Ninjatrader cannot connect to TWS 923 or 922. Unfortunately I do not find the link to download Version 917. The Api settings should be correct (I am using TWS + Ninja since some years and know how to do it). Other Trading programs can connect to TWS.

Where to download an older TWS version?

Comment

We actually just updated our support for IB to 921 today!

Please upgrade your local install from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please update to IB TWS 921 as outlined here and can be downloaded from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Interactive-Brokers-Connection-Guide.php

Comment

Am I stupid? Or just blind? I just do not find a link to download TWS 917 using the link you provided?!

Comment

Requirements

• Interactive Brokers valid account
            • Account user name and password
            • You must have standalone Traders Workstation (TWS) version 921 (browser version is not supported) installed - Download

Comment

Ok I did have to upgrade Ninja in order to use TWS 921. Now everything works. Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

which version of the IB API due you recommend to use with TWS 921 and the latest NinjaTrader release.

Thank you

Comment

Brett,

I have been aware of the need for Ninja to upgrade due to IB's recent TWS changes, but I have yet to get Ninja's "official" announcement? Is it coming? Did I miss it? If I did not happen upon this thread, then I would not have known?

fosch

Comment

Connecting to IB

I am just getting started and trying to connect to IB.
                    I have the java version which automatically updates daily. In fact it disconnects you every 24 hours for this purpose. The current version is 923.8a.
                    When I try to connect I get the error "no registry key Trader Workstation found". Presumably I am on an unsupported version and need to be on 9.21.
                    The questions I have are:
                    - how would I downgrade TWS?
                    - how would I stop TWS updating if this is automatic
                    - I don't really want to stop auto updating given they are probably patching security bugs as well as adding features. Will NT be more promptly updating support for the TWS API in the future?
                    thanks

Comment

Hello yrebrac,

Please uninstall the current TWS version via Control Panel-->Programs and Features. Subsequently install TWS 921, you can find it in the IB connecton guide at the link below.

Please check with IB how you can save your settings in TWS. I suggest to ask how to stop TWS from automatically update as well.

When possible, we update our supported version of IB’s Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release. Due to the number of releases IB has, we may be behind their current release, simply because we may not update our platform at the same time they do. It is also important to note that we can only begin testing new versions of TWS once those releases have been publicly made available, this also contributes to the time required to update our supported version of TWS.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jason. I have discovered part of the problem - the Java version is not actually installed per se, it downloads each time you run it from a small .jnlp file.
                        I am using this because last time I checked the standalone Windows version was ancient. Apparently I missed something or IB have updated the standalone version to look the same as the Java. So it should be easy for me to fix by installing the standalone. Thanks for the response on the update cycle. It's always nice to actually hear back from a company on their forums and leaves a good impression

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        172 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sidlercom80