Getting blank chart from imported data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting blank chart from imported data

I imported emini S&P 500 futures data from 2007 in tick form (I want to make 15 minute bars from it) and it successfully imported, but when I make a chart it's completely blank. All i can see it 0 and 0.25 on the y axis which makes me think something's wrong with the scale but I don't know how to change that.

Hello StratResearcher,

Can you please make sure you have the proper expiry month selected for the ES when you create the chart.

Do you see the imported historical data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab? If the data is present, you should be able to load it in a chart. Ensure the 'End date' is setup to a date back in 2007 as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I set the 'end date' when making the chart as 12/12/2007 but still blank. The name of the data file is ES 03-12 though, do i need to change that? I assumed it's just a title and didn't mean anything.

Comment

What name was the text file when you manually imported the data? You will need to create a chart for that instrument. If the data was imported using a "ES 03-12.txt" file, you will need to create a chart for the ES 03-12.

How many days back does the chart request? Does the request include the data you imported?

Comment

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...akeachart.png/That's what I'm trying to do. I've played around a little bit with the end date and number of days already.

Comment

Does the Historical Data Manager-->dit-tab lists minute data or just tick data?

Did you enable 'Generate Minute bars from imported tick data' when you imported the tick data? If not, please re-import the data and enable this option.

Comment

Ah there we go! finally I have a chart thank you very much, I'm so glad I found this forum the data providers didn't help much

Comment

have you been able to find any ES data from 1997-2005? seems kinetick's free EOD data only goes back to december 9, 2004.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post gentlebenthebear