Another IB charting problem.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another IB charting problem.....

So I trade mainly EUR.USD with IB as my data feed and my broker. Everyday, IB makes you log off of TWS so its resets its servers or whatever it needs to do to make my experience with TWS even worse.

Anyway, I have volume up for EUR.usd which works as well as it can in the spot market. However, each day during my forced logoff and logon, the volume on my charts resets and there is nothing there again and it has to start rebuilding. Is there anyway to fix this so that when I reopen TWS and reconnect through NT7, my charts will look exactly the same as they did before this?

Thank you

Hello,

Please go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> check "Save chart data as historical".

This should ensure the data collected in real-time is loaded when your chart loads.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the response. But I already have that checked. The price data stays, but volume data disappears. Maybe this is just a spot Forex related issue?

EDIT: Here is an example chart. I don't know why there's some data kept from awhile back, but then stops, and then now is starting since I've had my forced log off.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jmflukeiii; 02-14-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Hello,

You could try unchecking 'Get Data from Server (if available)'

This will prevent the automatic fetching of historical data from IB's servers when you connect. In order to force a load of historical data with this unchecked, you would need to right click on the chart and select 'reload all historical data'.

Comment

I tried the reload historical data and it resets volume again. It must just be an IB Forex issue. Doesn't happen with my Gain feed.

Comment

So there's nothing else I can do about this? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately we have seen this behavior with volume in use with TWS and is limitation of this API. There is nothing we can do at this time to change this behavior.

Comment

Is it the same with IB gateway, I thought you could stay connected?
                Any way I am mostly sucessful in saving volume by tricking NT:
                1. Export your data and open in a txt file.
                2. Change the last line to the time that is the end of your trading day for your time zone.
                3. Import the new file.
                4. close and reopen NT.
                When NT connects and reloads it usually see that the day is complete and does not renew that data. Also volume is not wiped out if you use tick charts.

good luck

Comment

Hey thank you for the reply. That sounds like more trouble than its worth. Its strange that it doesn't reset it with tick charts especially since IB doesn't even really have tick data.

I've tried to just stay connected to TWS but I seem to remember an issue arising. Maybe I'll just keep updating the auto log off time for the rest of this week to see if there's actually any issue and then just shut it down once on weekends.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101  
                  Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred