Very Wide Price Margin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Wide Price Margin

Why is the margin on the right with the price so wide? Two of my charts are like this, one is not.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thanks for your post.

This margin is something which is automatically assigned - that said, I'm not sure why we'd see such a wide margin in this case.

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In that message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of your workspace.
    You will find the workspace in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think this is the problem...

I programmed a custom moving average for the volume and when Price Marker is set to true, it shows the volume in full number form, i.e. 450,569,450 not round to just 450M like the price axis is. Even when I hide it, it still affects the margin like that. Is there a way to fix this in my script? I think there is, because the indicator BetterVolume3 has an MA in it and it's price display is rounded to M. Maybe I'll start by looking there.

Actually all the other regular MA's are the same a well, what can I do to make my script like that?

EDIT: Changed the input series of the MA to Volume. That's what the inputs in the script are anyway, but I guess that matters in terms of its display.
      Last edited by jmflukeiii; 02-16-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post
        I think this is the problem...

I programmed a custom moving average for the volume and when Price Marker is set to true, it shows the volume in full number form, i.e. 450,569,450 not round to just 450M like the price axis is. Even when I hide it, it still affects the margin like that. Is there a way to fix this in my script? I think there is, because the indicator BetterVolume3 has an MA in it and it's price display is rounded to M. Maybe I'll start by looking there.

Actually all the other regular MA's are the same a well, what can I do to make my script like that?

EDIT: Changed the input series of the MA to Volume. That's what the inputs in the script are anyway, but I guess that matters in terms of its display.
        Have you looked into FormatPriceMarker() ?

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ricemarker.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes