Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Which symbol format do I use for Patsystems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which symbol format do I use for Patsystems?

Hello,

We are just about to go live trading with RJO Futures broker using the following set-up: TradeStation + NT DLL + RJO Futures broker.

RJO Futures broker uses the Patsystems technology (Pats) for NinjaTrader platform.

Within my TradeStation EasyLanguage code I'm using the following functions to "place an order to SELL 1 Corn contract at MARKET"

{Function 1} NTCommand("PLACE","Sim101","ZC 05-12","SELL",1,"MARKET",0,0,"GTC","","ord_id","","") ;

{Function 2} NTCommand("PLACE","Sim101","ZC|CME_CBOT|0.01 05-12 ","SELL",1,"MARKET",0,0,"GTC","","ord_id",""," ");

The EL program is applied to the @C=12VOC symbol in TradeStation (TS). Function 1 listed above works fine in simulation mode in that when TS generates a buy or sell signal, NT then executes this signal on the May 2012 Corn contract (ZC 05-12) which is what I want. But I'm just worried that it will not do exactly the same in LIVE trading (?) because maybe I have to use a different symbol name within the function itself like "ZC|CME_CBOT|0.01 05-12" for LIVE trading instead of the "ZC 05-12" I have been using in simulation mode.

Can you tell me if Function 1 will work in both simulation and live mode? I already know that Function 1 works in simulation mode. Or, would I have to use Function 2 (or write the function some other way) for LIVE trading using Patsystems at "RJO Futures" broker?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Regards

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 02-17-2012, 02:16 AM. Reason: trying to simplify question

Rod, you would send your orders to the NT symbol, so the ZC one for corn. Providing of course this is receiving data well in your Control Center while connected to PATS, then the mapping would be ok.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jclose
    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
    10 responses