Automating loading up NT platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automating loading up NT platform

Hello, I have written a short and simple VBscript that automates the task of running the NT.exe file which loads and opens the program up just before 4:00 PM Central Time when the futures markets open up for the new session.

One problem I see is that sometimes when I load the NT program, before I get to the NT main control center window, I come across a number of NT messages that are presented within a number of dialog message boxes. I'm then given the choice of placing a tick in the box if I don't want to see the same message again in the future. So I would want to place a tick in box and then click OK button or hit ENTER key on keyboard, but I would also want to do this via a VBscript.

I'm not sure yet if I can place a tick in the box via simulating a mouse click within my VBscript program, and assuming at this stage I can't do this I will then only simulate hitting the ENTER key 10 times, via using the Sendkey function within my VBscript which will close all the message dialog boxes quickly, and automatically without manual intervention by me, and then this will allow the NT control center window to open up as normal.

Question is: if I don't place a tick in the box to say I don't want to see the message again, by doing this, how long will I see the same message for? Will I see the same message for 2 days, 10 days or 60 days or forever until I manually place a tick in box?

I don't want to have to do things manually as this would mean I have to get up way way too early each morning which is virtually impossible for me as I work the London desk/session.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rod

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately this would be unsupported.

What is the reasoning for closing NinjaTrader down? Perhaps you may want to consider running this on a virtual private server where you can keep NinjaTrader running 24/7 would be another solution.

As far as the message box you will continue to get it I believe every 24 hours until you hit the check box.

-Brett

Comment

I just about worked it all out. But, there is one final thing I need to ask NT support staff: When I start up NT platform sometimes I get a message box that pops up that has a message at the top of the box then a website link underneath, then a checkbox underneath the website link that has the words "Don't show this message again" next to the checkbox, and then underneath this an "OK" radio button.

I need to ask the NT support or development team whether there will ALWAYS be a website link within the message box (that has the initial focus)? Or sometimes, will there NOT be a website link shown within the message box (dialog box)?

An exact answer to this question is necessary as it will affect the way I write my VBscript program, which is necessary to do some "windows" automated tasks using a script program.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Hello,

Glad to hear.

On your question, there is no exact answer I could provide unfortunately. I can say that the majority of the time there will be the link however it is set by our Management team when they send out a notification to all users. This notification text is designed at the time the Notification is sent out and most of the time does contain a link however I could not guarantee that.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes