Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does everyone "re-start" NT platform each day after broker "server maintenance"??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does everyone "re-start" NT platform each day after broker "server maintenance"??

Hello,

(Q1) If we are using the TradeStation (TS) + NinjaTrader DLL (NT DLL) set-up to do fully automated trading, to help ensure the above set-up is stable, do we have to "manually" disconnect from broker server and then shut-down and close NT platform just before broker "server maintenance", and then, open-up (re-start) NT platform and then "manually" connect to broker server just after broker "server maintenance" has finished, each day?

(Q2) Do we really have to "shut down and then re-start" the NT platform each day due to the broker "re-setting" it's servers each day (a.k.a. broker "server maintenance") as Brett from NT-support team appeared to be suggesting that "re-starting NT" each day might not be necessary at all?

(Q3) I thought that I would only have to "re-start" NT each day if the broker re-set their server while I was still connected to the brokers server? Is this correct? Could someone test this for me on a live account? Or does someone already know the answer to this question in advance?

Thank you in advance for your reply and answers to our 3 questions above (i.e. Q1, Q2 and Q3).

Kind regards,

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 02-19-2012, 09:39 PM.

Hi Rod, which brokerage technology will you be using with NT7?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will be using Patsystems technology at broker firm called RJO Futures (a division of R.J O'Brien broker). Also, using NT 7 (DLL) + TS 9.0

Thanks in advance for your answer Bertrand, really appreciate this.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Rod, when you're using PATS - for the daily server maintenance you would have to restart NT and reconnect after it's completed - you could not stay connected through this time and have NT reconnect automatically, a limiation unfortunately forces us to this approach.

For any reconnect to PATS account you would need to restart NT, only if NT recovers a connection loss this would not be needed.

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thank you for your reply.

What would happen if I manually disconnect from my broker's server at say 10 AM central time and then manually re-connect at 10:30 AM central time. Please note that 10 am is well before broker server maintenance time which occurs at 4:30 pm each day. Would doing this also require me to re-start NT? Also, what would happen if I don't re-start NT in the above example, could I still send orders to my broker, what would be the consequences of not re-starting NT?

Thank you Bertrand for you help, really appreciate this.

Regards,

Rod
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 02-20-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

If you manually disconnect >> you have to restart NT to connect again.

If you don't restart you cannnot connect thus you can't send in any orders.

Comment

FYI, when running strategies on my live account, I'm connected to IB and leave NinjaTrader running all week without a single restart. Of course you have to "adjust" the very annoying auto-logoff of TWS each day so it keeps running for the next 24 hours.

Marco

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses