Market Replay and forex partial fills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay and forex partial fills!

I'm trying to use Market Replay with EUR/USD from 2012-02-07 for example, downloaded from the NinjaTrader in-program functionality.

I obviously want to use it with the setup that I'm currently using, including the ATM strategy which is set up to place exit orders for the position size 100K.

The problem is that NT7 allows me to enter with 100K, but then when it hits an exit order, it executes partial fills for 1 lot each time, so the position size decreases from 100K to 99,999, then 99,998, 99,997, 99,996 etc etc!

Presumably the exit fill is taking its lot size from the tick volume, which is 1 per tick.

At this rate it would take a couple of days to fill the first exit order.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have to setup a new ATM strategy to deal with a forex lot size of 1 as a work-around? Of course with that as a work-around you can't see your profit or loss correctly.

Do you see this as a bug, since the entry for a position size of 100K doesn't need partial fills per tick volume?

It's a major pain since I don't use Market Replay that often and it caught me out before like this. To clear the position, the only solution I found was to rewind Market Replay, but that wiped out the support and resistance lines I'd drawn on the chart, i.e. 15 mins work.
    Last edited by adamus; 02-20-2012, 07:25 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To change the way the way the simulation engine fills when trading Forex please go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator tab-->Disable "Enforce patials fills"-->Enable "Enforce Immediate Fills"-->Click Ok.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK that was it. Surprising though. Why the difference between entries and exits? Or is dependent on order type? I can't remember if I entered with a stop or a market order.

Comment

Glad to hear that did the trick. When entering the market are you using a Limit Order or a Market Order?

Comment

I don't remember! That's why I was asking .....

Comment

I have tested this on my end and with "Enforce immediate fills" disabled when submitting a Limit Order for Entry or Exit or Market Order it fills one at a time therefore this would be expected.

In order to fill a single lot at once "Enforce immediate fills" must be enabled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes