Trying to chart 2011 data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to chart 2011 data

but when I make the chart with end date of 1/1/2012, the data only goes back to the 12/8/2011 and even if I try and put 300 days of data on the chart that's all it will give me. I'm getting the same problem trying to chart 2010 and 2009 data too, it's like there's a gap in the data from 2008-2011 or so. When I look in historical data manager > edit, there appears to be all the data present so i don't know why it won't chart.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About
    Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    Which instrument have you selected?
    Which interval is selected?
    Is there an error message listed in the Log tab of the Control Center or perhaps something which appears in a pop-up window?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

version 7
      not connected to anyone cos im just importing data i downloaded from disktrader
      instrument is ES 03-12
      15 minute interval although i tried changing it around, and yes i selected 'create minute data' when i imported

In the log there is an error which says:2/21/2012 12:13:24 PM Default ES 03-12: Volume in line 535251 is invalid since it is <= 0. This line and subsequent invalid volume lines have been modified and replaced by a value of 1.

Comment

Hello,

In that case, can you provide more information about the data set you've imported? For instance, how far back does the data go?

Comment

ok so the file i downloaded is tick data back to 1999 i think or 1997. i split that data by year and tried importing data 1 year at a time. it doesn't seems to work for years 2007-2011 properly. its showing nothing from 2007-2011 december 8th

Comment

Hi,

Please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In your note, please provide a link to this forum thread and, if possible, a copy of the data you are importing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes