Trades List behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trades List behavior

First, I did a "reset" of the database to troubleshoot this problem. I then waited for a few trades to complete, and then I clicked on the "Trades" list in the Account Performance" tab. There are two separate strategy templates active ( "A" and "B" ). If I deselect "A", I can then hit "Generate" to see the performance of "B" template. OK. Now, I deselect "B" , and select "A". When I hit generate, it goes blank. If I select "All" templates, I can see them both.

During my struggle to deal with this, I have learned to make sure of these thing: All trades have a unique Order ID. All trades have a unique Strategy ID. All trades have a Template assigned to them. ( and the Template names show up in the trades list correctly )

My question is this. What are the most common causes of this behavior. I have seen other users ask about this, but I haven't learned what to do about it. Please help me to at least understand the most common causes. This will probably help everyone.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

The limitation is as follows for this, if you want to filter via these ATMs it may be worth creating a dummy ATM strategy to place a trade on Sim with that alphabetically starts first.

Account Performance tab cannot have first ATM strategy template deselected for the filtering report or else the filtered report will be blank.

Comment

Daily

Thanks for quick response NT Brett.

I can make a dummy Template called "AAA" no problem.

I want to evaluate each day separately. Do I need to place the "AAA" trade every day so that it will always be the top of the list, or do I need to do it only once at the start of the database?

Comment

Hello,

Sure no problem. Just creating it should suffice.

-Brett

Comment

No dice

I added another Strategy Template ( "AAA" ) and I placed a trade to get it in the list. The behavior is unchanged. I tried also restarting Ninja after I added the Template.

I attached a view of the list. If I deselect "FTrader", then "EXTrader EOT" also disappears, leaving "AAA" all by itself. "EXTrader EOT" is the Template that I wish to see, but it is the one that disappears.

What else can cause this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

You need to make sure AAA is always selected in all reports you generate.

For example select AAA and FTrader to see just Ftrader.

-Brett

Comment

Thanks NT Brett, but that does not seem to work. If I select only "AAA" It works. If I select only "FTrader", it works. To see "EXTrader EOT" I MUST select everything.

I notice that there is a space between "EXTrader" and "EOT". Is this a known issue?

There must be more things I can try.

Comment

Hello TikDaddy,

This is Cameron responding on behalf of Brett.

When trying to view the EXTrader EOT template, can you select only AAA and EXTrader EOT or do you need to select all the templates?

Was the space saved to your ATM Strategy Template when you initially saved it? The templates can have spaces and the Account Performance supports this as well.
                CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NT Cameron. If I select AAA and EXTrader, only AAA will show. I cannot view EXTrader EOT unless I select ALL the templates. The space in EXTrader EOT has always been there. I wondered if it is caused by a corrupt database so I wiped it clean just for troubleshooting.

Here is the "place" command as recorded in the log if it will help at all.

2/21/2012 2:43:23 PM|1|1|AT, 'Place;SIM101;NQ 03-12;Buy;1;Market;0;0;GTC;;14E37B0A0E;EXTrader EOT;EXTrader EOT12' processing

and here is an order placed by FTrader:

2/21/2012 12:04:01 PM|1|1|AT, 'Place;SIM101;NQ 03-12;Sell;1;Market;0;0;GTC;;NQ1;FTrader;FTraderNQ1'

This may seem a minor problem, but after a month, there can be 5 templates, and 200 trades and I really need to see this list.

Thanks for any additional help.

Comment

TikDaddy,

Can you confirm that there has not been a reset of the Simulator or the Database since your post #5?

Are you expecting to see the $65 in profit from the EXTrader EOT as per the screen shot you provided or were additional trades placed with this Template since that post?

Additionally, as per Brett's post, this is a limitation.

Comment

NT Cameron. There have been no additional trades placed with that template, and the database has not been reset. The single EXTrader EOT trade is closed.

I thought there was a way around the limitation that was mentioned but maybe I didn't implement it properly. Is there a detailed explanation of this limitation in another thread? It will be fine if all that I need to do is to to create a certain named template and arrange a dummy trade.

Thanks for staying on this.

Comment

TikDaddy,

Unfortunately there is not a detailed explanation of this limitation in another thread, however our Development Team is aware of this issue.

In this case, it is suggested that you create a dummy ATM template, such as AAA that will be at the top of the list.

Comment

NT Cameron. I am able to verify that the solution works. I reset the database and placed a dummy trade with "AAA" template as the first trade. I then placed other trades with other templates and I am able to selectively view the other templates. As expected, I cannot view "AAA" unless all templates are selected.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

TikDaddy,

Thanks for the update.

At this time you will need to use this method as this is a limitation with the Account Performance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                            47 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aligator  
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes