Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't trade FOREX

Hello,

I've decided to try Forex (for the first time, had only traded futures before).
    I use Kinetick and Interactive Brokers.
    When I switch to $EURUSD from NQ I see my tick charts on the screen but they are still. No data moves. Also, my SuperDOM frozen showing the data of NQ 03-12 (but Instrument in Super DOM is $EURUSD, Buy and Sell prices are NQ ones).

I can't put a trade, I can't use data.

Tried to place order in Workstation paper trade mode, it works. Afraid to place orders in real course I've never used Workstation and want to practice in NT with EurUsd tick data.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Serge

Hello,

It sounds like you're using Kinetick as your primary data provider - do you know if you have a real-time subscription to live Forex data? If you did not specifically request Forex data and are not paying for this service, the market data will be delayed from Kinetick.

Since you reported that it works in TWS, can you please try disconnecting from Kinetick and while connected to IB only, please see if you receive real-time data for the $EURUSD and if you are able to place a trade through this connection.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, Matthew

EurUsd works in ticks and minutes after I place IB connection before Kinetick.
      Do you think it's OK to leave connections in that order?
      I mostly trade on tick charts and thought that IB do not provide tick data and kind of confused with the corresponding connection section of the manual...

Kind regards,

Serge

Comment

Hello,

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...
        1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.
        2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
        3. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data enabled on your broker. This will get live data and any available historical data from your broker, and will allow you to use Kinetick for historical data not offered by your broker, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?multiple_connections.htm
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses
        1 like
        Last Post BarzTrading  
        Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes