IB Allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Allocations

An ongoing issue with NinjaTrader and IB is the relationship between the allocations for a FA account or ibroker account for advisors not being able to allocate to clients. I have just started a CTA business and I need solutions. We use several automated strategies so the group idea that NinjaTrader have half done is useless.

I am out of options with NinjaTrader and will most likely need to have my strategies coded elsewhere or direct to TWS, unless someone here can provide me with a solution. I would hate to have to go back and re code everything, it has taken years to get to this point so far.

Mitch

Hi Mitch, thanks for the post and your feedback - unfortunately I could not offer a solution at this time, but please be assured your thoughts are heard and will added to product management's enhancement lists for future consideration. Once I have the specific tracking # I will share it here with you.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for you reply.

I have one idea which seems impractical but might be a way around it initially. I could load each account with all the strategies one by one. Night mare but a work around.

My question is, how many strategies can ninja trader handle at any one time. If I had 20 clients trading I would have 200 strategies in total, taking the same trades in each account. What's the likely hood of errors and freezes? Is 200 to 1000 individual strategies a possibility?

Comment

Hi Mitch, it's unfortunately hard to impossible to give you exact # here to work with as setups and resource use differs - I would though recommend planning on using multiple machines for the type of setup you envisioned. It depends also on what type of strategies you run, with a HFT scalper it would be surely a different scenario than a 1-2 trade per day set of intraday swing strategies.

Comment

Mitch, I wanted to follow up here thank you again for the input provided to help enhance our NinjaTrader platform even further - we're tracking your feedback under #1011 in our lists.

Comment

Thanks, this has been an issue for a long time and if you want a platform that can cater for retail and professional traders alike, I suggest you look much harder into fixing the issues that matter to professional traders such as a basic account allocations.

thanks again and I will be watching to see if anything is actually done about this.

Comment

PFG Best have a good system for trading group accounts I can allocate a percentage per account or equal percentage per account on trades. I am pretty happy with them and they have fixed the system reset every day unlike IB who resets every day.
              Raef
              Last edited by raefon72; 03-26-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

thanks raef, I will look into it. I cant reply to your PM. send me an email and lets discuss.

Comment

not sure what your email is mine is [email protected]

Comment

email sent mate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary